1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a PSP Slim 3.60 M33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Coopers22, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Coopers22

Coopers22 Member

Is there anything I can do now, that will help me later if I brick it? I don't have access to a PSP Fat or anything. Or is there something I should do that would help me get back to custom firmware should I go to official firmware?

Sorry., That's not the clearest. I guess what I'm asking is now that I have a Slim PSP running 3.60 M33 custom firmware, are there any things I can do now that will help me later? I.e. create a special memory card etc.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

no, you will need a fat psp running custom firmware to create pandora's battery/universal magic memory stick. once the slim goes into brick, there's no way to recover it without the two.

3. Coopers22

Coopers22 Member

Thanks for that. although not what I was hoping to hear!!

Another question relating to my firmware version.

Should I stick with 3.60 M33 for now, or upgrade to 3.71 M33? What would be my reasons for upgrading to 3.71?

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you have a friend or cousin that has a fat psp, check if you can downgrade and run custom firmware on it. then get a new battery and memory stick and convert them to the universal unbricker. use the new battery as the main one, and the old one as pandora's battery; the new batteries are said to be pandora proof.

i don't think there's a difference between 3.60 m33 and 3.71 m33. the changes were custom themes and an increase in video bitrate. updating is completely up to you. i have 3.71 m33 because i have the universal unbricker, and it directly upgrades to 3.71 m33 or sony 3.71, slim or fat.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. Coopers22

Coopers22 Member

thanks for this info.

To make the universal unbricker, I need a pandora battery, fat PSP and memory stick. Does the memory stick have to be genuine sony?

6. 713tex

713tex Regular member

It doesn't have to be a Sony ms but it does have to be at least 256 MB.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  7. Hacker06

Hacker06 Guest

thats bull, i used a 128 mb