1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by rooney72, Mar 30, 2007.

1. rooney72

rooney72 Member

So many threads and I'm getting confused more.

Basically I've bought a new PSP with firmware 1.5

I want a step by step tutorial of what to do in order to set up the PSP software so eventually any game downloaded from Torrent can be played on my PSP.

PLEASE step by step. I know how to download Torrents :) That's all

GREAT THANKS

2. yohex

yohex Guest

go to www.psp-hacks.com. Go to downloads, download custom firmware 3.03 OE-C or 3.10 OE-A' and install those with the instructions given in the notepad given, if you don't understand, ask agian.

3. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Wait mate. I am reading here through these threads that downgrading is a must in PSP. Since I've got 1.5 does that mean I have to upgrade now???

4. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Erm What's this Homebrew? Are there two systems? If I upgrade to 3.0 will I lose the ability to whatever homewbrew means?

5. yohex

yohex Guest

This is custom firmware, that gives you all the abilities of homebrew, and the ablilities of the newer firmware version. So upgrading will give you more features.

6. rooney72

rooney72 Member

SO ok. The firmware 1.5 has to be upgraded to 3.0 and I'll lose Homebrew? Then what? I just can download the game and transfer it ot memory card and just play?

7. yohex

yohex Guest

No, you won't lose homebrew, you still have homebrew, and you can just download games and stick it in your memory card.

So upgrade,and you can play homebrew, and games off torrents.

Make sure its custom firmware.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  8. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Sorry for being ignorant on this. What do you mean I can play homebrew?

Second do I download custom firmware 3.03 OE-C or 3.10 OE-A' from www.psp-hacks.com? Then install game on memory stick and just play?

9. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

you should type your questions into a search engine before expending forum resources.

10. yohex

yohex Guest

You'll see when you upgrade what I mean, download what ever floats your boat, they say that 3.10 OE-A' is all fixed and stuff, I guess you can go with that. Just download, follow instructions, install, and shove a game in and play.

11. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Forums are there for help. Guys like yohex should be applauded for being helpful. I'm not stupid as you may think. I am not a newbie in MANY other things and believe me. I used to host a forum for 10000 members. So before telling me to usea a search engine, you'd had better used the forum in a more profitable way by answering my question rather than expending the forum resources criticising me.

Thanks yohex

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Download and install Dark Alexs Custom Firmware 3.10 OE-A on your PSP

After this is done you create a folder in your memory-stick labled ISO and place your psp .iso's in that folder.

Dark Alexs custom firmware is like a mashup of 1.5 and 3.10, you can play .iso's of psp games, play homebrew, customize your XMB,etc. And do all this while still retaining the functionality of Sony's official 3.10 firmware.

13. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Great thanks. It's seems we are on the verge of cracking the nut :)

14. Isocolez

Isocolez Guest

calm down... plz, do you not understand the wastefulness of the questions you are asking? go to QJ or PSP_HACKS.com and do a little research. O and by the way to clarify for you: 1.5 can do everything but play newer games... 3.03 oe-c is like 3.03, but it can be customized so you can change icons etc. and you can still play homebrew and isos/umds... best of both worlds!

15. Isocolez

Isocolez Guest

sry for the double post, but go to 3.03 oe-c NOT 3.10 oe-a, only because 3.10 oe-a is not completely finished, like 3.03 oe-c. your choice, but you won't be able to have custom icons, gameboots, fonts, coldboots, backrounds, waves or xmb sounds...

16. rooney72

rooney72 Member

Thanks mate. Nothing personal. Again great contribution :)

17. Isocolez

Isocolez Guest

your welcome, hope you get your psp running the way you want it:)

18. champ088

champ088 Member

will this take out the internet also when downloading this downgrader

19. matuka

matuka Member

i have psp 1.5v wbich cannot play my umd 2.8 version? how can i play that game without losing my 1.5v software?

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

This thread will explain it all. And a Winstaller (like it says) is like a easy installer for the Custom Firmware.

You may be asking what Custom Firmware is. Basically its a mashup of the ver. 1.5 firmware with Sonys latest firmware. Essentially you get the features of the newer firmwares but still can play homebrew and customize your PSP. And if you know what the term to "brick" a PSP means you will be especially happy when you find out that the custom firmware can save a bricked psp(in most cases).