1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got a slimline from a friend and i want to mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by iknowuc, Apr 12, 2007.

1. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

I just got my slimeline from my friend and i want to play backups on it how can i go about doing this without modchipping(i dont want to damage the board)

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

only other sensible option is using swap magic disks and magic keys/fliptop

3. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

would the memorycard exploit work

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

If you had a method of loading the exploit. As for more details on it, it's somewhere. Quite frankly, I can't give you anything else on this because I haven't tried this myself nor do I intend to. It should be here somehere in these forums btw.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

memory card exploits are for the older fat models, pretty sure that they can not be done with the slimline.

your options are:
    1. Swap Magic and Magic Keys II. Cheap method and will work ok, but it does have it's drawbacks. Like some games will need patching or rebuilding to work, it will not play DVD9 (dual layer) back ups, it doesn't work well at all with cheat discs, and swapping gets to be a pain.

2. a good modchip. By far the best option as long as you spend the money to get a good chip and have it installed by a pro. This costs more but is by far the best and most hassle free way to play back ups. The only model that requires anything extra is a V12 which needs a laser fix, and that is usually free or very cheap at any reputable installer.

Best chips
    1. Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    2. Crystal Chip V2.0 (key feature is it can auto patch back ups to play online, other chips you must manually patch the back up)
    3. DMS4 Pro SE (key features include software to run a hard drive, built in cheat device and ELF (homebrew) loader)
    4. Duo3 Gold, cheap and stable but with no higher end features, For those who just want a chip that will play back ups and nothing else.

6. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

thanks for the help