1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got cfw 3.6 for slim, need help running ISO and eboots

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Neon01, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Neon01

Neon01 Member

Tomorrow morning I'm taking my PSP slim to a guy that installs custom firmware for a fee, and he's going to install the new 3.6 M33 cfw on there (hope this'll work).

I've been grabbing games to run on it, primarily just PSP and PSX games, so now I have a bunch of them on my hard drive.

I've heard I don't need devhook or any other program to run these games, is this correct? Do the PSX games run just like the PSP games? Or do they need an emulator running?

Also, I'm confused about what gets put on the memory stick. For example, for Valkyrie profile I've got several directories:

dh (I assume this is devhook and I don't need it)
    \ISO - which contains a .cso file
    \GAME\%_SCEDEVHOOK%
    \GAME\_SCEDEVHOOK

^^^^These directories have eboot.pbp files in them

Also, all of the PSX games I've got seem to be eboot.pbp files, and all the PSP games are .iso or .cso. So my questions are:

1. Which ones do I need?
    2. Where do I need to put them on the psp ms?
    3. What process do I have to follow to run them on PSP?

I'm sorry this is such a noobish question, I've actually tried to search for the answers but most of them say to use fastloader or umdloader or something. I assume those are not required anymore.

Thanks

2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

you sure you trust him? Well with ps1 games, all you need is a eboot and keys file tossed in the game folder. emualtors and apps go into game 150 folder and official psp games,isos,csos go into the iso folder on the root of the mem. stick. its all cake. Actually i dont know what the slims root looks like when its formatted. Im sure they didnt change much. No you don't need devhook. Drag and drop is all you got to know.