1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got modchip but no backups working-need some advice

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by merc1286, Oct 8, 2004.

1. merc1286

merc1286 Member

Hi everyone... I just got a no-solder modchip (the one that you plug the 2 ribbon cables into), and none of the games I have tried have worked. I'm using an NEC ND-2510A burner on blank NewEgg.com disks which are apparently Ritke G04's. Here's what I tried so far:

1) NHL 2005 that I downloaded an .ISO of, burned using Nero 6. It loads, but very slowly, and it very choppy throughout. Eventually freezes after about 5 mins.

2) Def Jam Fight for NY, also a d/led ISO, burned with Alcohol 120%, gets to the inital Loading screen and just stops there

3) Starwars Battlefronts, a retail game that works fine normally, pulled the ISO with DVDDecrypter, then burned with DVDDecrypter. Doesn't even load.. just sits there with a black screen and eventually says "Please insert a PS2 disk".

All were burned at 2X. I'm not sure that my burner can do 1X, as I selected that for Alcohol 120, but it still did it at 2X regardless. I'll try again at 1X when I get home tonight though.

Any ideas?? I'm getting so frustrated! Thanks!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1 and 2. what size are the iso's?
    3. many people have trouble with this game.