1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got my sh-d162c drive and flashed firmware-wont work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by duboy1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hello. I cant get my copy of madden 07 to backup after i flashed my firmware with kreon to my sh-d162c drive. I used xbox backup creator and it says an error even though i selected 5 to the retry and sector thing, and selected the drive. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Thanks

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

n/m, got it to work. Had to click unlock drive in xbox backup creator and click current partition. but do i ahve to extract the ss's separately and then merge it, or can i just burn the file with image burn and it will work? Thanks

3. backup

backup Guest

you shouldnt have altered any settings from when it was first installed .... as for the error the disc is most probably scratched or scuffed , there is no need to extract the ss seperatly xbc does it all :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  4. modster

modster Regular member

use schrom it's much easier!

5. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

well, i tried schrom and it errors at 3 percent saying that it cant read the security sector, so i dont know how to go about that. And when people say to burn the file with image burn, i dont have the .dvd file, i just have the iso file after extracting the game with xbox backup creator. So wil this work? or can someone who has the sh-d162c drive give me a quick rundown of everything they go through to backup a game? Thanks a lot.

6. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

ok, i tried a different way i found for a tutorial. i used isobuster and followed these settings and such.. http://www.homebrewhowto.com/tutori...make-a-backup-using-the-samsung-sh-d162c.html
    --i didnt do anything to the security sector because it was just talking about the nme chip, so i just skipped to burn it. once i burnt it, i loaded it and then it started to load in the xbox and said "please put game in an xbox 360 game console" Now i have no clue what i did wrong cause i followed the steps. Can someone please help me out. I tried burning and extracting madden two different ways and cant get it to work and i cant find a tutorial that will work. I have the sh-d162c drive with kreon, and a hitatchi v59 flashed drive. I know it works because i tested with a backup i dl'd. Id appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

7. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

anyone?