1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got psp today....

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by gahau, Jul 8, 2007.

1. gahau

gahau Member

ok guys... i have been reading the post...
    so many methods to play iso on psp man!
    i am so lost can someone gime the link or brefly tell me how to do this?
    i have a psp 3.40 and i got the usb cable and i would like to be able to play iso from my memory stick...

thanks a lot guys

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

I think your question was answered in the mod section, but if not go to the mod section and there is a guide there but, just make an iso folder in the root of your memory stick and drop them in, that is of course you have 3.40-oea?

3. mrbling22

mrbling22 Member

i think he has 3.40 sony fw.. if so,

update to 3.5, downgrade to 1.5 (need lumines umd), upgrade to 3.40oe-a dax fw, then reformat the memory stick, connect the psp to your pc and put your isos in the iso folder :]

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Lets do this one step at a time shall we?:) Okay gahau, to play iso's on your memorystick you first need to get to a custom firmware.. To get to a custom firmware you must take your PSP and downgrade it to version 1.5. Currently the only way for you to be able to downgrade to firmware version 1.5 is through a recently released downgrader that requires the use of a copy of the game Lumines. I am sure everyone in this thread is eager to help you and help we shall, but before we can do anything you need to get yourself a copy of Lumines, Lumines: Platinum, or Lumines: Greatest Hits do not get Lumines 2/Lumines II. You may be able to find a copy at a local game/video rental store, a store that sells PSP games, eBay is flooded with them. Just get yourself a copy asap as once there gone there gone. Once you get it let us know and we will go from there.

5. gahau

gahau Member

man thanks for the very clear detailed instruction =)
    well it happens that i have a copy of lumines and i have also succesfuly played a couple of iso....

here is my other problem... wanna play ps1 games now =)
    i am probably gonna get them and i dont think i will convert them myself (i assume that u have to somehow convert right)

so how do i go about that?
    maybe someone that have time will teach me how to convert too... in case

=)

thanks guys

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

'

So I take it that when you say your at 3.40 you mean that your really at 3.40 OE-A?? And I can teach you how to convert PS1 games.

7. Andy_C

Andy_C Member

Hey,

I'm very interested in finding out how to play ps1 games on a psp with 3.40 oea firmware.

I remember ages ago when i was looking about to play ps1 games on pc you had to have the actual disk, is this still the story or are there places you can actually find ps1 iso's? I'm not asking where i'm just asking if it's possible.

Then i'd like to know about how to convert them to play on psp :)

Thanks!

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Nope, now the ripped PS1 game is converted into a EBOOT which is played just like anyother homebrew. There is one catch with 3.40 OE-A and PS1 game playing. And that is it doesn't work if you have a custom menu. But there is a homebrew program that can fix this issue so you can have a custom menu and still play PS1 games. I have all the files you will need so once you have a ripped PS1 game iso let me know. And I will teach you how to use the tools. It's really simple once you get used to the program.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  9. gahau

gahau Member

well i have some ps1 file dled
    so has some eboot files and stuff... ok what is next

and also how do u convert from a original ps1 disk

yea i have a 3.40 OE

and thanks for teaching me =) i mean us lol

10. Andy_C

Andy_C Member

soz to gatecrash the thread :p

I've got a ps1 file downloaded and it has an image file in the rar and a sub and ccd file. That normal?

I'm also waiting for one of my all time favourite games of all time to finish downloading - Crusade No Remorse :) can't believe i can be playing it on my psp when i get it :)

11. Andy_C

Andy_C Member

Say i wanted to play psx games on a new psp which means no custom menu, would i have to create a separate folder on the memory stick for the psx roms or do they need to be converted and then placed in the iso folder?

Thanks.

12. Andy_C

Andy_C Member

Say i wanted to play psx games on a new psp which means no custom menu, would i have to create a separate folder on the memory stick for the psx roms or do they need to be converted and then placed in the iso folder?

Thanks.

13. willisbr

willisbr Member

I just ordered a PSP with 3.1 FW on it. Pretty sure it's the official FW. And I'm reading alot about this Lumines downgrade to 1.5 Lumines was the first game I bought when it first came out...and I also have the 3.5 FW saved on my computer.

I want to play PSX games and MP4 (ripped DVDs from PSP-9). Best way to do this is upgrade to 3.5 >> downgrade to 1.5 >> upgrade to 3.40oe-a?? Is this what you guys would do?

Please assist, thanks. Any other ideas about dealing with 3.1 would be great -- thanks again.

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

My reply to gahau...

To play the game in the Game folder make a folder with the name of the game and place the EBOOT.PBP in there along with the other file which should be a file named KEYS.BIN or something similar.

To convert from an original PS1 game to a PS1 EBOOT for the PSP you need a few tools. A tool to rip the original game disc to a image file, and the tool must be able to compensate/bypass any copy protections on the game disc. For this there is no better tool than the free version of Alcohol 52%. Heres a bit of info on what Alcohol 120% and Alcohol 52% can do...
    The only difference between Alcohol 120% and 52% is that with Alcohol 120% you can also burn the discs and there is no free version of Alcohol 120%. So for our purposes the free version of Alcohol 52% will do just fine. You can download it here.

After you have the image created you need to convert it to a EBOOT.PBP file. The simplest and in my opinion best way to do this is via Zinga Burga's POPStation PSP-to-EBOOT program. It has everything you need to convert games to play on the PSP. You can download it here. There are some more advanced options in the program and I won't go into detail about those. But it is as basically as simple as selecting the image file Alcohol 52% created and hitting start. After it has converted it put it in a folder of its one within the Game folder on your PSP. So if the game was Final Fantasy Tactics my folders would look like this. (note "X" is my memory stick)

X>PSP>GAME>Final Fantasy Tactics>(put files in this folder)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

My reply to Andy_C...

My last post for gahau should answer most of your questions but if you do have more questions let me know and I will reply as soon as I can.

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

My reply to Willisbr...

Yep that is the best way to do it, but make sure you have the 3.50 update NOT the 3.51 update. Once you get your PSP let me know as I can walk you through the entire process, from preparing the PSP for downgrading, to downgrading and upgrading to OE firmware to playing PS1 games and homebrew.

17. gahau

gahau Member

dang no wounder ur a senior member lol
    but thanks a lot u just save me a lot of time and headhack thanks thanks

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thanks for the compliment :) And if you ever need any help with what I just described let me know.

19. willisbr

willisbr Member

So seriously speaking, what can I do with my other 3.51 psp? Would a mod chip help considering I could boot another FW off of the chip? If anything, I'll just hold on to it for a legit FW to play all of Sonys crap in the future that will require up to date FW.

What do you think Peainapod?

Also, thanks for your reply earlier. U think I will have any problems with getting my 3.10 to 3.40oe like I said? Read some guy's post on here where he bricked it from a batter crash or something. Hope that's all it was. DO'nt want two bricks (+3.51) lol

Thanks, Brian

20. SUCKERS

SUCKERS Member

what the hell is going on!!!!!!

edited by ddp

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007