1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got xbox... already worried

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 916bullet, Aug 10, 2007.

1. 916bullet

916bullet Member

last week my7 cousin brought over his 360 so i could check it out, we played for awhile and i felt the heat coming out of the back it was kinda hot and the fan was really blowin i could feel a lot of air. but i figured it was normal because he got his the day of launch and never had any problems he's even left it on over night from falling asleep while watching movies on it. so i thought it was normal. so i got mine today and wheni started playin after about a half hour i felt the air coming out of the back and thats when i got worried because it was light a really light breeze nothing like my cousins so im just wondering if this is a bad sign. to ge t abetter understanding i would say his fan was like a normal fan on high and mine was on low if that helps.sorry about it being so long thanks.

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i think the fan has more than 1 speed, because i noticed on mine sometimes it's really loud and at other times it's semi loud. so i think you are ok man.

3. cincyreds

cincyreds Member

The Xbox 360 fans are variable speed depending on a variety of factors. Basically, when required the fans ramp up. When there is less demand on the system they slow down.

Nothing to worry about. IMO you don't need any type of external fan and any such devices are completely unnecessary. The 360's fans are tightly integrated with the rest of the hardware to provide the necessary cooling.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007