1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just installed a hd and now chosing a loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kilt, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Kilt

Kilt Guest

Hi, I just bought a PS2 model spch39001, with the network/modem adaptor and a maxtor diamondmax 120Gb hard drive, but when it comes to getting a loader, I am a little confused on which to get, I dont want a mod chip in my system and I dont want to use a slim tool to force the cd drive open when switching from the loader to the game disk to convert to hd, but I want the most compatability with games (I heard DVD-9 is not supported in hdloader, but there are only about 10 games in that format)

after installing the hd into the ps2 connected via network card, how much play room is there, I mean if the system shifts, do I have to worry about the hd comming loose?

Also, is there a memorycard program that can be used to load the stored games from the hard drive?

Thanks

2. aleitz

aleitz Member

Go here
    http://www.hdadvance.com/index.htm
    It's the same as HD Loader but now it's called HDAdvance for about $35. HdAvance is just a rip-off of HD Loader but improved, plus HD Loader is not sold anywhere that much anymore.

3. mickK

mickK Regular member

yea get HD advance and make sure its HD advance 2.0 cause any other version of HD advance or HD loader will not be able to use all the space on your 120GB HDD

4. Kilt

Kilt Guest

does hd advance really need the slim tool to open the cd tray to switch cd's, or no? or if so do both programs need that same little tool?

5. adamacb

adamacb Member

you DO NOT need a slim tool with hd advance