1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just installed my flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by egbert, May 30, 2003.

1. egbert

egbert Member

My flip top is installed and the buttons work!!When I put a store bought ps2 game in it doesn't boot and under the browser it says it disc read error or something like that...Then when I put the swap magic dvd disc in It does the same thing...what do I do??I dont get the swap magic screen or anything,And my games won't boot up...I am in a major crisis...someone please help!!!!!!!!!

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I'm assuming that you didnt get a dics read error before you installed your flip top so you may have damaged the dvd laser or drive when you opened the box up the first thing that you want to try is cleaning the laser because that is the most often cause

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i agree with c7015. having disc read error is common to a ps2. search on google and you will get a lot of results on how to fix a disc read error.

4. egbert

egbert Member

thanx...I've got it under control

5. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Egbert,
    What was it that was causing your problem? I only ask cause I'm thinking about getting a fliptop and was curious as to what to watch out for..