1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just installed slimlid - disc won't spin ...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by tokyopunk, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tokyopunk

tokyopunk Guest

Hey,
    I just installed a slimlid on my slimline PS2.
    Now at first, the disc wouldnt spind at all and i'd get to the browser screen.

After a few tries, it started to work, but seems I have to open and close the lid a number of time until the disc start spinning..

Does anyone know what might be wrong?
    When the disc spins, I can swap and play backups w/o any problems, but it's annoying having to turn on and off my ps2 over and over..

thanks!

2. dolittle

dolittle Member

dude, i got a v7 flip top and when i switch i have to make sure the disc will spin by hand if not move the disc around a little. i think the disc might be sitting on the edge.

3. tokyopunk

tokyopunk Guest

I've had no success solving the problem,
    actually, I haven't been able to make any CD spin today.. What can be wrong???

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Hey, sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I just installed my v12 today, and I had the same problems as you. I also solved it.

Try removing the spring that keeps the fliptop up, that's what fixed my problems. If that doesn't work, reinstall your original lid (the one that came ON your PS2) and see if it'll work. If that doesn't work, your laser might have died.

I've been writing on this for a while at this thread : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/148012

Any questions, ask in that thread.