1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Installed WiiKey, Would Like Some Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ElXando, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ElXando

ElXando Regular member

OK so as the topic states I just installed my WiiKey, and I have a few questions.
    My Wii is a PAL 3.1E.
    I already updated my WiiKey to 1.9g.
    I will be downloaded PAL Super Mario Galaxy.
    1. Can I just run Super Mario Galaxy, or do I have to run it, stick 1.9g update back in, then run it again to get it to work?
    2. To turn REGION OVERRIDE on, do I just run the config disk 1.3? Or do I need to use GCOS or something? Link?
    3. When would I need to use GCOS?
    4. I downloaded a PAL GameCube game. Can I just burn that to a regular DVD-R and play it?
    5. After I turn REGION OVERRIDE on do I still need to patch NTSC-U and NTSC-J games to work or should they just work? The reason is when Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out in Japan I wish to play it Cheesy

2. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

1.Once you update with the 1.9g once galaxy will run no prob.
    2.Yes, run the config disk enable region overide, scroll down save those settings and you're set to play other region games.
    3. Not sure about gcos, google it or search the afterdawn forums.
    4. yes, burn it with imgburn , verbatim dvd-r at 2X
    5. When playing out of region games make sure your wii has your regions latest firmware, and as a precaution you should also use brick blocker on your out of region iso before burning it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/523776

3. LilNguyen

LilNguyen Member

1. You have to upgrade to 1.9g then insert Super Mario Galaxy and press "A" until you hear Homer's voice.

2. If the file is less that 1.5G or something around there, you need to run it in GCOS mode.

3. The Wii can only read an exact number of bytes. They have to be EXACTLY the same or else it will fail.

4. Yes, you can burn it at 4X and play it.

5. When you play games that are not from your region, use WiiBrickBlocker to take out all updates, then burn it.

4. ElXando

ElXando Regular member

Thanks guys, helped me a lot.
    Unfortunately the GameCube games is ~500MB. How would I go about running it in GCOS mode?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008