1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just installed X2.2 Lite w/pogo pin adapter.....HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by velocitee, Jan 4, 2004.

1. velocitee

velocitee Member

K....I have correctly installed the pogo pin and chip and the pin is aligned correctly. I tested the connection by having the X2.2 not on the pogo pin and turned it on and it did the on,off,on,off,FRAG. So from what i have read this means it has a good connection and now all i have to do is connect the X2.2 and boot to Cromwell.....BUT when it boots it DOES NOT boot to cromwell...it still FRAG's.....does this mean a bad chip? or have i missed something? has anybody had this problem with a X2.2 lite? i dont know what i am doing wrong and i have searched and searched and i have gotten nowhere. Thank You for reading and i HOPE you can help me!!
    ~Brian

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Well first off, I would suggest not using the pin install, and just soldering it in. It is way more reliable. The idea of soldering it in can sound hard, but it is really easy and usually takes less time than getting the pins lined up with the adaptor. Also with them soldered, you will not have to worry about bumping the xbox and knocking pins loose.
    There could be a couple reasons for your problem. It could be that there is a bad connection somewhere. Check your dO point. Sometimes it can be decietful. Secondly make sure your chip actually has the cromwell bios on it.

3. velocitee

velocitee Member

Yes the X2.2 Lite comes with the legal Cromwell bios that i can flash with Evov and so on...but i just dont get the beggining cromwell bios for setup. Its like it doesnt even see the ship BUT it FRAG's when i have the chip enabled so in turn this means that the POGO and my D0 is properly alighned. Maybe a bad bach or X2.2 lite chips? i dunno...that you for your help...if you have any other suggestions it would be great!!
    ~Brian