1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just like jestagrl's problem..Please Help! Shrink & Img Burn Issues

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by vidamia, Feb 27, 2007.

1. vidamia

vidamia Member

My problem is very much like jestagrl's, so I hope you don't mind girl, but I've copied and pasted yours since it's so similar, I've just changed the information to match my hardware and products. This is my issue: I'm very confused. I've been burning for about 3 mos or so with a TSST CORP CD/DVDW TS-H552L (HEWLETT PACKARD a131)using HP DVD-R and have had no problems. I usually use any DVD, then DVD Shrink, then IMG BURN. But now, all of a sudden when I try to burn using Img Burn it just says writing lead in, and does nothing, it can sit for hours, but won't do a thing, disc just spins. The buffer's percentage level bar is moving but the completion rate bar is at zero. I just have to cancel it. I've tried movies that burnt okay before and the same thing. I've tried uninstalling both DVD Shrink and then a day later I uninstalled IMG Burn and reinstalled both, but to no avail. DVD's that I'm using for burning are from the same pack of a box of 50.
    Any ideas, I'm not too savvy at all this yet.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

vidamia,
    Welcome to the forum. What is the brand name of the blank media you are using. What is the firmware edition you are using w/ your burner. Can the burner use any program to burn a DVD or CD?

3. vidamia

vidamia Member

Hiya! Thank you, for replying...Please be patient w/me...I'm a total newbie w/this stuff, but I want to learn!
    Blank media? The DVDs I'm using are Hewlett Packard DVD-R and they were working very well before. They are from the same pack of 50.
    Firmware? DVD Shrink 3.2, IMG Burn 2.2.0, & I sometimes also use DVD Fab Dycrypter. My burner is the LightScribe DVD+RW drive.
    And yes my burner will work with any program to burn a DVD or CD.
    -Mia

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

vidamia,
    We will worry about your firmware later. I would like you to D/L Ripit4Me and rip the DVD to the HD. You can get it here: http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

Ripit4Me Guide here: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

Use the 1 Click Method as it will automatically rip the DVD to the HD and then correct the structural problems using a new program that is similar to FixVTS and then automatically open Shrink for you.

The problem w/ the HP disks are that they really have no quality control so you do not know what you are using from 1 disk to the next. Have you considered using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden Blank media?

I really think the problem is w/ the burner and the blank media that you are using but try the above first. If you can does your burner burn (+) blank media?

5. vidamia

vidamia Member

Car.Mike
    Thank you for the great advice, you guys are fantastic! But I think my problem has been solved! LOCOENG advised me to try going to http://www.burningbits.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2986.
    I tried those couple of steps and it worked!
    But I difinitly will go w/your advice and change to Verbatim discs. I used that brand before and never seemed to have an issue. And yes my burner will work with DVD+.
    Thanks again--Mia

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Glad to hear all is well