1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just not doing it

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by grmm, May 13, 2007.

1. grmm

grmm Member

Had a wiikey installed from some guy this week but ,it seems to be not working ,he claims he has tested it and it works ok .
    Ok from the start ,i have games that are 4.37gb ,im burning with img burn ,tried diffrent discs (but all +r),used the 1.2 config disc (changed the region and speed) burnt the iso at diffrent speedsstill no joy .all ot says cant read discs.
    one game starts to load then stops(see pic of game on disc channal)
    any one got any ideas sorry for such long post cheers

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you have only tried DVD+R media then buy some DVD-R media. Wii's can be very picky at what media it will play. My Wii will not read any DVD+R media. But I use Tayio Yuden DVD-R and they work perfect.

So try some DVD-R media before going any further. If those don't work then I would go toward the Modchip not being installed correctly or it is junk.

3. grmm

grmm Member

thanks for that ive just bought some -r from ebay so will give that a go.
    ive read on here some where that if the config disc works it means the wiikey is ok is that right ? cheers

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you can't get the setup disc to work either the Wiikey is not working or your media is not readable on the Wii. So I would assume if the setup disc works then your Wiikey should be installed correctly and working.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  5. Menion

Menion Regular member

I have never once used the "+" only the "-" single Layered And havent had any problems in the past if that dosent work get that disc the tech used to test it and verify