1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just purchased old halo 3 xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by coolcat5774, Mar 28, 2013.

1. coolcat5774

coolcat5774 Member

I just got this halo 3 edition Xbox. It is mint...still has security sticker on it....the dashboard is from 08 I believe. Anyway I would like to know....should I do anything to it? Its running flawlessly. I'm just nervous it may get rrod. Should I just leave it untouched for now. It would seem to me that paste would be wasted..but I know the old saying..if its not broke..don't fix it. So just want some feedback. Thank you.
    The motherboard is a zephyr.

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

you answered your own question cross the bridge when you come to it, i gave one to my nephew about 2 years ago and he has played it hard still running strong!

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Don't update firmware from game disk update online only my friend had one of these and after updating to the latest dash from disk the console crashed and never rebooted there nice decks just a issue with the update on the disk this doesn't surprise me i beta tested the kinect and it was worse the dashboard would crash digital games and even the demos they gave us to try

4. 360CaseModer

360CaseModer Member

Run it till it dies then reflow it! ; )

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If i were you i'd be real excited right now if it has dash v7 then you can get it jtag'd,so whatever you do DON'T update it

jtag console means install games to internal or external,once done run nxe2god,exit to freestyle dash 3 ,select game from games menu & play without disc in dvd drive,it also means play games from external hdd's ,unlock a stack of stuff & go grab a whole lotta xbox arcade games & unlock & play em

a look at fs3 dash game & xbla menu including covers,all of which can be set to scan & download direct from the 360 once it's set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnZ5zsZ-9s

edit : more vids on you tube with fsd 3 in action

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013