1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just received my pre-modded wiikey wii today, have backed up games but wont boot help please

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiisox, Jul 9, 2007.

1. wiisox

wiisox Member

ok, I ordered a new wii system premodded with the wiikey from Mod central (an authorized wiikey distributor) Backed up games according to instructions on this site. (bunny's guide with raw dump 2.0 and nero at 2x speed to burn the iso file) Is there anything I am missing? I tried putting several of my backed up games in to play and nothing, however the orig games work fine. I guess my question is do I need to run some sort of set up for this to work on my back ups or is there something wrong? thanks for the help.

2. Sontu

Sontu Member

You can get the setup disk from http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html. My wiikey worked without running it but some people have reported theirs did not until they ran the setup.

3. wiisox

wiisox Member

ok, I will try that tonight. Does it matter which option I use as far as the file list? i just picked this one
    Setup disc v1.1 US NTSC (no GC joypad required, toggle settings with reset)

since I dont have a GC pad yet. Thanks for the help. I will report back after I try later.

4. wiisox

wiisox Member

burn that to a dvd and re-boot the wii with that in the console is that correct?

5. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

I would suggest to try all the different dvd writer / dvd media you got.

I work in IT industry so I got lots selection of hardware I can use. Luckily I found the perfect DVD writer / media on the 3rd try.

The first one was a Sony writer with cheap branded disc = DRE every now and again ~10-20 mins

2nd Expensive TDK with pioneer = cannot read disc at all

3rd cheap branded with pioneer = perfect no DRE

All burnt with 2x speed.

6. wiisox

wiisox Member

still nothing. I tried the make disc option and it gave me an image file that I burnt using nero and still nothing. It will not load or even recognize the disc.

7. wiisox

wiisox Member

using brand new sony burner with t yuden media. also tried linkyo media. still nothing. also tried different burner, still nothing. could it be a problem with the mod??? stumped here....

8. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

You're using one of the LG dvd drives that they specified right? Only a few models can read wii disc. You can use any other DVD writer to burn the disc. But to read the disc you need LG ones.

Hmm try loading the wiikey setup disc. It's only 1-2mb in download but you use that to create a 4.7gb iso.

BTW the size should be the following, if it's not then its not ripped correctly. :

Nintendo Wii ISO size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes).

Nintendo Gamecube ISO size: 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)

Taken from:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/faqs-gu...al-rawdump-2-0-nero-burning-rom-software.html

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  9. JmNasium

JmNasium Member

Maybe the connections came loose during shipping?

Also you should download the 1.2 setup disc, though I don't think it'll make too much of a difference in your case.

10. wiisox

wiisox Member

yep using lg drive from new egg, tried the iso creation of the wiikey disc v. 1.2 and size of the files I am using is correct. hmmm starting to wonder if it is an improper modding issue.

11. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

what discs are u using - the wii can be quite fussy - i use maxells 16x dvd-r
    try different brands

did u see the wii actually working?

12. wiisox

wiisox Member

I am using suposedly the best disks made, the t. Yuden 8x media burned at 2x as well as linkyo discs. maybe I will try it with another.

13. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

try using imgburn instead of nero
    try burning at 4x - i do
    try updating the firmware of your burner too if all else fails

i did all i have suggested and have no issues at all

u know anyone who has a confirmed working backup? try one of theirs on your wii and try one of your backups on their wii

14. wiisox

wiisox Member

i do not know anyone with a working backup. i will try the different disks and imgburn and report back

15. wiisox

wiisox Member

ok, current firmware installed and tried using imgburn at 4x, no luck. Will get some maxell disks later to try that. first time I have used imgburn. nice program, (well did not help my situation but I liked the interface better than nero)

16. dianogah

dianogah Member

hmmmm. that's strange. the guy who runs modchip central lives in my city and he does fantastic work and always stands by it. im pretty sure it's not the chip itself, but im sure if you needed a last resort you can always call/email him. he's a really good guy, very professional.

also try burning using 2x with imgburn. that's what i always do and never had a problem.

good luck!

17. wiisox

wiisox Member

yeah, I am hoping that is the case I have his number but am having a hard time catching up with him via phone or email to quickly resolve the problem. I'll keep you posted as to how everything goes and what the resolution or solution is.

18. tonynguy

tonynguy Member

hi

I got a cheap Lite on 16x burner and I use the TDK with the printable dvd-r disk that I got from Costco and it work perfectly at 6x burn. I haven't try burner it at a faster speed yet but so far all my backup disks work with my WiiKey Wii. I also try it on the Maxell 8x dvd-r and I noticed that it work ok sometime and sometime it need a little retry here and there. I try it on the Memorex dvd+r disk and it doesn't seem to work for long. Got pass the main menu then it report problem with the disk. So, the best bet is to try the TDK printable dvd-r disk. I hope this help someone.

By the way I burn it using nero 7

tony

19. LTDEDT

LTDEDT Member

Hey wiisox,

Try burning your games at 4x. Everything works fine for me at that speed. I have previously burned them at 2x and the Wii doesn't read the games. But 4x works a treat!

20. wiisox

wiisox Member

just tried that as well, still no dice... thanks for the suggestions though.