1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sent microsoft my modded 360. do you guys think ill get it back fixed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ddh, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ddh

ddh Regular member

Subject

2. distorto

distorto Member

no, you will get a refurbed unit back.

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

delivered by an FBI agent, fresh with a new pair of handcuffs!

JK, I dont know, I am interested to know too...

4. 2lads

2lads Member

me too,, i darent send mine,,,,,,,,,,, just incase,,,,,,, are you uk based ,,, seems the usa ones get thiers back .some done some not,,,,,,,

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

With the latest news of MS starting to inspect returned 360's to see if they've been modded, I'd say chances aren't as good as they use to be.

They started in Taiwan but I highly doubt they wouldn't be doing it elsewhere.

6. 2lads

2lads Member

in that case then is it worth me sendin it back to the company i had it from,, to be un modded,,, then sent back so i can send it to MS ,, then re send it to be modded again..>>> for £60?? i know ive asked this before but its gathering dust under the stairs,,,,,

7. rocky13

rocky13 Member

The problem with that is the xbox has to be opened to be modded, and unless all original seals (stickers) are still intact, it will be noticable that the system has been opened before.

Another concern would be what kind of mod you have installed on ur xbox. I use the xecuter blaster 360 which is external and could be easily taken out without a trace. However, many people use internal soldered chips which I believe will still show traces of its past existance.

But I have no idea what they would do once they found out...

8. 2lads

2lads Member

thanks,,,,, my sticker has dissapeared anyway,,,,,,,,, still gathering dust under the stairs.........might just buy another one and have done

9. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

dont forget a condom and a box of doughnuts....

blah...send it in, they have been good with their RROD policy, replacing alot of modded 360's

10. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i do know this much for shure, if you dont send it back then you have a pile of useless crap in the house, just laying around until one day, maybe a year from now you throw it away.
    on the other hand, you send it back to microsoft at there expense and in a few weeks you have a answer.
    if they fix it they send it back ( good for you!!!) and if they say they wont then microsoft has that pile of useless junk.

just a thought.

11. 2lads

2lads Member

wise words there,,,,,,,,,,, a mate of the chap who owns the "company " we had ours from is gonna give ours to the mate of the "company" we had ours from and see if hell have a go and fix it,,,,,,,,,, not holding me breath there,,,,,,,,,hope hell just give us a new one for the trouble,,,not holding me breath there either!!!