1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Just some advice for PC builders

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Mez, May 23, 2017.

1. Mez

Mez Active member

Ever since the writing on the MOBOs have become microscopic and my eyes don't see the fine print, I pay someone to look it over and flick the switch. I have a mom and pop shop where they will do that for $50. That is less than 10% of the cost of your basic DIYS PC. You can fry hundreds of dollars worth of hardware with one wrong setting. I guess it does take the excitement out of building a PC. I used to do it then have them note if anything was wrong. Now, I let them do most of it since it costs the same.

noyasystem likes this.
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

I use an optivisor for small stuff.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

How well does that work for you? I keep a large 2.5x magnifier with a 5x section at my desk but that gets old for me unless the task is short. That is great if you are going quickly back and forth like for reading instruction from a book W/O magnification then reading tiny print. My patience gets used up in 5-10 minutes. A MOBO takes me a lot longer than that.

4. ddp

works well for me as use the optivisor both on computers\parts & on my model warships.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

You ever do a ship in the bottle? That is a real art! I have one.

6. ddp

never did 1 as my ships are between 8" & 52" long of various scales.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

need a bigger bottle.lol

8. ddp

actually my biggest model was a home depot 25'x35' garage kit that I modified for a friend before he bought it. took about 6 months to finish it because of his work schedule.

9. aldan

aldan Active member

some model.lol

10. Mez

Mez Active member

If you have shaky hands you might want to get a neuroquant. You will need to see a neurologist to get one and the Dr may have a better explanation for the shaking other than age related brain deterioration. The neuroquant accurately measures brain deterioration. If the deterioration more than 'normal' for your age they may opt to treat you. They can usually slow the deterioration once they know what is causing it. None of the deterioration is reversible so it is wise to slow it down ASAP. Many companies make neuroquant software I am just adding a link to one such company that has good descriptions. It is just a fancy report for an MRI that measures brain atrophy. Most full blown brain problems can be avoided by simple treatments if started early enough.

I am just putting it out there since too many think ignorance is the best policy. Like "Why would I want to know I was going to get Alzheimer's? I would prefer not to know" . They have slowed it down by 15 years with drugs invented 20 years ago. You usually don't get full blown until the last few years of your life. Treated you avoid the worst of it unless you live past 100. They are guessing the newer drugs will push it out another 5 - 10 years. You could die symptom free at even 100.

https://www.cortechslabs.com/neuroquant/

11. ddp

spammer already spammed.