1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just some interesting Burn times

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaydee123, Jan 1, 2004.

1. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Atleast this was interesting to me. I have a Plextor PX708A & just started burning with it, thanks to Pete & others. Here are some of the times I came up with while burning using Nero. I used Fuji DVD-R, time was 14 minutes 58 secs, for TDK DVD+R, 8 minutes 12 secs.
    Both media where certified 4X.
    For those who don't know Plextors can write DVD+R 4X at 8X speed, now thats nice. I paid $269.00 cdn dollars plus 15% tax so it better do summersults too.

Dave

2. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

holy fvck 15% sales tax?

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That is just awsome Dave, Makes my A-06 cry! I like fast burners.
    I didn't know that you could get that kind of speed out of 4X media.
    Best wishes,
    Frank

4. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Gee wiz I forgot to say how big the file was, 4,466MB a compressed DVD movie called, "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Dave

5. coolvirus

coolvirus Member

jaydee123, that's strange. I have the plextor as well but my burn times are nowhere as near as yours. I'm using Imation DVD+R media, Windows XP, AMD 1GHz CPU, 768MB of RAM.

I'm pretty sure I'm choosing 8X as the write speed in Nero but you got me thinking now.

What's your hardware like? I'm wondering if the media I'm using is slowing me down.

6. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Coolvirus, It could be the media, it must be 4x certified & not all brands of media can do this,is what I have been told Plextor likes the good stuff. But the TDK DVD+R 4X did it for me. Now all I have left is Fuji dvd+r 2.4x. so no more fast burns for me until I get some 4X media. Try Some TDK DVD+R 4X it should do the speed thing for ya.
    AS for my system, I running a Asus P4PE, 2.4 intel 533FSB 512mb ram pc 2700, Ati 8500LE 128mb & a Ati TV Wonder Pro R/C, 80gig hd 8 meg data buffer. Can't think of anything else I have. What was your burn time & what was the file & size of it?

Dave

7. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Coolvirus, It could be the media, it must be 4x certified & not all brands of media can do this,is what I have been told Plextor likes the good stuff. But the TDK DVD+R 4X did it for me. Now all I have left is Fuji dvd+r 2.4x. so no more fast burns for me until I get some 4X media. Try Some TDK DVD+R 4X it should do the speed thing for ya.
    AS for my system, I running a Asus P4PE, 2.4 intel 533FSB 512mb ram pc 2700, Ati 8500LE 128mb & a Ati TV Wonder Pro R/C, 80gig hd 8 meg data buffer. Can't think of anything else I have. What was your burn time & what was the file & size of it? Firmware is 104 I think. That might be yer problem too.

Dave

Dave

8. coolvirus

coolvirus Member

Yeah, I just upgraded to firmware 104. I'll try to get TDK media next time.

Thanks.