1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just starting out..need some help

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by CAnn, Feb 28, 2005.

1. CAnn

CAnn Member

Hi. I have 18 years of home made movies (both beta & VHF) Just bought a MSI TV @nywhere master PCI TV-Tuner Card. I have a new HP computer with win xp (lots of hard drive space etc.)and have hooked everything up. TV tuner card came with Win DVD Creator Plus (HP computer came with Win DVD creator version 2.0 as part of the bundle). Been reading net and noted that some others(using same win dvd software) have complained about the many hours spent recording etc. only to find the DVD didn't record well or there was no sound, froze up on them countless times etc. Is there a recommended software program that others have found that works well with great quality. I don't want to spend countless hours only to be disappointed or to have to do it again! I am new at this, so I'm sure I am going to encounter lots of frustration and I'd prefer it not to be with the software! Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
    Thanks!

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Intervideo WinDVR 3 for capturing directly to mpeg-2 (to burn on dvdr). It comes with a great mpeg-2 encoder engine, is fast, and reliable.
    Virtualdub for capturing to avi, if you need to do lots of editing, then encode in a good standalone encoder such as tmpgenc.