1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just starting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Prouty, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Prouty

Prouty Guest

Hey guys,
    Just starting out and using DVDShrink3.2 - DVDDecrypter. Also running AnyDVD in the background.
    Am trying to rip "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and it is coming up with the following error.

Data Error(cyclic redundancy check).

Is this to do with a copyright or a physical problem with the DVD.
    Thanks
    Prouty

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

That's a physical problem with the dvd you are trying to copy. It isn't itself a copy by any chance, is it?

You can try to ignore the error ripping with dvd decrypter. Go into Tools-->Settings-->I/O and you'll see a checkbox to ignore read errors.

Give it a shot, and let us know if it works.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try cleaning the disk really really good... I wouldnt reccomend the skipping file read errors with Decrypter because it rarely ever works and if it does you more than likely just skiped a file you more than likely needed anyway for the DVD to play back properly.

Here are some guides you will find usefull. If these dont work then your problem is more than likely the original disk. http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

4. Prouty

Prouty Guest

Thanks guys,
    I'll put it down to the original disk.
    Just one more quick question. Is Nero worth having a look into for burning. As I said I'm just using Decrypter and it seems to work fine.

Prouty

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Prouty
    The error is telling you the PC is trying to read and can't, then keeps trying to read and times out. There are different causes. You've been advised of a couple of major ones. Dirty and smudged discs (clean well and polish with a soft cloth). Problems with the original source. Scratches can cause the problem. Superficial scratches can be removed with a resurfacing tool like Skip Dr as long as they aren't deep. Cleaning the optical head is another thing that sometimes helps. A cd head cleaner or one of the newer DVD cleaners will do the job. The problem can be caused by encryption, but O Brother didn't have any out of the ordinary and wouldn't cause that type problem. I backed that one up myself.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

If you have no other need than to burn ISO files, then you don't need to pay for Nero. Nero is a good recording suite and does a lot of different things. Check out the Nero website. I own Nero and think it's a keeper. CopyToDVD is another good recording suite handy for DVD recording. Decrypter, Nero, and CopyToDVD are all supported in DVD Shrink.