1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Tryin to Learn how to Burn. Please Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cgzy321, Feb 1, 2004.

1. cgzy321

cgzy321 Member

i must say that i appreciate all of your timely feedback, this is what made me join. I am confused on how to burn, copy, backup and ps2 game. I am running win. xp, and was recently given a new
    LiteOn Dvd+-r/rw drive. Yet i am confused on what programs i need to burn a ps2 game. I have a copy of nero (enterprise edition) yet when i go to select drivers my dvd drive does not appear on there. I am missing something or does it just not support my drive. I also would like to know how to burn a playstation 2 game from another playstation 2 game. I am using a Magic 3.1 modchip in my ps2, and am using memorex dvdr's to burn on. Please give me some feedback on how to do all this mess. Also, how do i use this "copy on the fly" that i see everywhere. Please give me some information.... goin crazy over here.....

2. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Well I'd say first make sure your nero is updated then maybe it will recognize your drive. As for the "on the fly" you need a dvd rom as well as a dvd +-r rw drive. It is just copying direct from one drive to the other. Most people copy games to their hard drive then burn to dvd r. Why don't you try dvd decrypter to burn your backups. It's free and there is a guide somewhere here in the forums I'm sure. I like padus disc juggler myself but you have to buy it. What version is your ps2?

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

update nero if it dosent detect your burner

NEVER do on the fly... besides who needs another dvd-rom.... in the pc.... when you already got a dvd burner who reads it all.... you can also try another good program called... alchol 120%... and theres also sonic recordnow... and of corse dvd decryptor... it's better to make image than do it on the fly... since soemtimes errors come from it...

4. cgzy321

cgzy321 Member

oh i see... just so happend that my computer came with a dvd drive, the burner was free... so i guess i won on that one.... but yeah i used sonic record now and everything is kosher..... thanks alot fellas... now off to burn dvds, sure i will have a few questions about that as well...