1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just upgraded to 3.40 OE-A successfully. Need help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mikenogo, May 8, 2007.

1. mikenogo

mikenogo Guest

Hi guys, I am really really new to this stuff,ao I had no idea on what to do. I keep getting confused of downgrading and installing custom firmware :p

anways, my friend told me that he would instal 3.40OE-A so that I can play ISO on my memory stick. The only problem is that he kept it so secret that I don't know what is going on. I hardley used my psp and the only game I had was GTA LCS which is apparently the un-patched version. My firmware at that time was 2.54 or around there(can't remember). He gave me back my psp today and he put in 2 crappy games =.=. I didn't want these games so I decided to put my own. Is there a guide on how to put ISO into the psp so I can play that game on 3.40 OE-A firmware?

Also if you have extra time, do you guys mind giving me a guide on how to upgrade to the latestcustom firmware that is comming out in the future? so I can play newer games that require that specific firmware?

Lastly, What would be the difference between downgrading to 1.50 and using devhook and installing custom firmware to play ISO?

THANKS a bunch!

2. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

yes i would like to know this as well, but it seems better that updating to custom FW would be better...

3. staxx

staxx Regular member

How come your friend never showed you...Not too nice a friend now :p

Anyways, you just put your iso and cso games in your iso folder. The iso folder is located in the root of your memory stick.

Right now 3.40 oe-a is the latest custom firmware. Any new firmwares that are released will come with readme files that have instructions on how to install it on your psp.

The difference between 1.50 with devhook and custom firmware...well basically you have to load devhook to be able to play your homebrew and games, custom firmware allows you to just play them without having to load any programs. Custom firmware combines the features of 1.50 and whichever firmware is stated (in your case 3.40) So going back to 1.50 would be kind of a step backwards since devhook is obsolete now.

4. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

yeah but how in the hell do you upgrade 2.00 FW to custom FW 3.40oe-a?

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

you can only upgrade to 3.40oe from 1.5. you gotta downgrade first.