1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just upgraded to 6.38 via system update but but could no longer play games from ISO folder, please help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Abal, May 23, 2011.

1. Abal

Abal Member

Hello everyone!

I recently updated via system update my PSP-2000 to a 6.38 system, hoping to add more games to run in my ISO folder. The update was successful,however, I could no longer play games from the ISO folder and could no long further update or downgrade. I'm a newbie in modifying PSP systems, and would very much appreciate all the help I could get in updating it to the most ideal firmware (that allows it to play more games (or game types) in the iso folder). Thanks in advance.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Any firmware that is not official. What PSP model are you on?

3. Abal

Abal Member

Thanks for the response.I believe the model would be PSP-2000. I tried updating to 6.38 CFW, but couldn't work out the installation. I don't have a pandora battery and I hope I don't need one to make my PSP work again as before. Please help.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You don't need a Pandora (anymore).
    Just downgrade to 6.20
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/05/23/psp-6-38-downgrader-released/
    Then use 6.20 TN or any of the non-permanent cfws you want.
    Then update to 6.39 ME
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/05/25/psp-custom-firmware-6-39-me-v1-released/

5. Abal

Abal Member

Thank you Eisherz. I was able to downgrade to 6.20 as recommended, but couldn't able to proceed with changing to 6.20TN or 6.35 CFW. and to 6.39ME. I tried again and again but I'm always receiving "game couldn't be started". I got from the downgrader that my PSP model would be PSP2000 02g. I appreciate very much your patience and goodwill unto helping a newbie such as I am. Thanks very much. Cheers.

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Make sure you take a signed non-permanent firmware. 6.20 Pro-B5 for example.

7. Abal

Abal Member

Thank you very much. It's now working. You're a lifesaver. :)

8. Abal

Abal Member

Hello again! My PSP is now working at 6.35 PRO-B5. I tried using 6.39 ME before, but couldn't get it to work on simple games such as luxor, so I reverted back to what I have right now (6.35 PRO-B5). Unfortunately, when I turn the PSP off, it changes back to 6.35 OFW. Is there anything I can do so that 6.35 PRO-B5 would be retained? Or is there another preferred CFW you can recommend? Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks in advance for the help.

9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Let me guess: you didn't set the UMD ISO MODE on 6.39 ME and didn't have an original game UMD in the drive?
    So far I had only one game that didn't work on 6.39 ME, and that was the patched version of Final Fantasy Duodecim. The unpatched works fine.
    In your situation you can either use one of the non-permanent firmwares with perma-patch (or keep your PSP on standby instead of switching it off) or one of the newer permanent firmwares (6.37 ME, 6.38 ME or 6.39 ME) or buy a Pandora Battery and pandora your way back to 5.50 GEN-D3/ 5.00 M33-6.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  10. Abal

Abal Member

Thanks very much for helping me. I've installed 6.39 ME-2 and tinkered with its VSH menu, particularly the UMD ISO mode. I've set it to SONY NP9660, and everything is working very well for old and new games. Thanks again for being there to guide a poor newbie. I hope this would help others with a similar situation. Cheers to all!