1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC GRDV700 EK and K models

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by sardarnet, Jul 20, 2003.

1. sardarnet

sardarnet Member

Please explain the difference between 700K and 700EK. Th eshop said there is no diffrence - is this correct?

I am due to pick up 700K tomorrow in UK. Is this OK

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I thought the EK was the European model. ASk the shop that when you go down.

Chris

3. sardarnet

sardarnet Member

Thanks Chris, EK is European models.
    I have just bought it for £500 and it seems like a professional build solid.
    I am still trying it out.
    PROBLEM is the picture in 'auto mode' is: colour are sort of bleeding - green tree leaves are too green - coolours don't seems to quite match. Do you think there is a problem with the unit.?
    Bahadur

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

1. What do you compare? Picture on built-in display / on TV connected with cam / on PC after transferring video via FireWire? - The built-in display of my DV4000 seems to be more colorful than the video transferred to PC.

2. AFAIK my DV4000 has a different CCD, so probably the two cams can't be compared; additionally I've only used manual white correction (problably wrong word in english) and I'm satisfied with the results, so I can't give much helpful information here.

3. I'd go to a shop and test another DV700 unit to find out if there's a difference - or
    call support hotline. I needed to ask something about mic input a few days back and they were very friendly and helpful ...

5. sardarnet

sardarnet Member

sorry for delay in replying.
    I've sent a sample movie to jvc.co.uk - been waiting for reply.will feedback on their investigations.
    I've compared: connect to TV and PC via firewire. Colours seem dullish. NOT vivid and don't quite match.
    TIGRE,
    1) is your picture broadcast quality?
    I've heard that my problem may be due to faulty CCD chips (one or more)
    2) some motor noise from zooming is getting recorded - can i overcome this?
    Bahadur

6. bodape

bodape Member

I'm really interested in getting the GRDV700 but have two questions I can't get answers to.

1. Does it do proper anamorphic 16:9 with a letterbox image in the LCD screen rather than squashed images? (Not letterboxed 4:3)

2. Can you do a analogue/digital pass through? In other words connect a VCR to the analogue input and digitise the incoming signal via firewire in realtime?

Any help would be great. Thanks