1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Lisboa67, May 27, 2013.

1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi all pals box is down, have tried to 'transfer data' from my working box, but nothing. Have done a s/w update on friends box and it has 'frozen' with 'downloaded started' even though it is 100% but just frozen, any info please?

2. humbaw

humbaw Regular member

I personally would flash from a r232 cable worth a try

3. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi,
    Have not flashed a box for a couple of years can you give me an idiots a-z guide of what to do? Cheers

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/779888
    took a bit of digging about that actually

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi, Struggling to get a link with the Firmware to flash box? Anyone got anything for me, searched it, but cannot get it as it seems to be removed on various sites?

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

gotta love a thanks :)

8. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Has the a780 got much life yet in them or are they all dying on us?

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

there still alive, i found you the tut to reflash that took a bit of MY time, then sourced the loader which took me googling all over the place and now your to lazy to say thanks????? i dont know if there is a new bin file for you i would have went out of my way to help you get it sorted but not now.... credit where credit is due and all that

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

think the problem was people missed an update and were running april instead of november firmware,there are now 2 files out for the 750 and 780 dated may2013 for use with the null modem method.
    in downloads on a few forums

thanks tongs yes post7 very informative and can be found there if they need it bad enough.

firmware was only posted today

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

dont have a kv anymore cacti but when people want the tut for a reflash and i source it for them and read it and make sure links are working in the tut (which they werent) i went and found a working one. not sure whats happening in the kv world but a thanks would have been nice, even it was cheers for that tongs but thats not what i am after.
    thanks tongs yes post7 very informative and can be found there if they need it bad enough.
    didnt see that mate but thanks for that

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

aye will they notice it,i opened the link and at bottom of post1 need i say more??

13. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Sorry and apologise to you tongs cactikid,i was up this morn, and had a call from a pal I got a box for, pal saying his box wasn't working, unknown to me one of my 2 boxes wasn't working, I tried to transfer data from 'good' one to non working one and my pals, but no joy, I trawled back to previous posts as I am not as educated as you boys, on pc and spent all afternoon trying to get box working again factory reset, flashing, tried all the network id's still no joy. Tried to get the firmware but no joy, so don't know what I am doing....obviously, and have spent all day messing about trying to sort this out....without any joy! So am non the wiser than. your tut term to me is mid-boggling and am not up to scratch as you all, so again apologises to you, so if you can help I would appreciate it if not then I understand as well, off to bed now so goodnight to you all.

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

use the link on post 7,bottom of post 1 in blue click on that that can guide you further,will send you a pm then.

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

16. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi Cactikid,
    I have 'successfully' downloaded new firmware on one box to date, i connected eth & viirgin cables to box, i also factory default & s/w updated as well, turned off/on 'easy installation' page come up, searched all networks one at a time, all came up 'already exist' NO list of channels come on screens, exited and it went back to easy installation page?

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

check what date is on the box now as you cant have done a s/w update as the file is 2 days old.

you are scanning from a live feed with coaxial pugged into correct port.
    sounds like wrong provider been scanned.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  18. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi Cactikid, Check what date is on the box, you have lost me how do I do that?

I downloaded firmware from Link you sent and like I said it came up 'download succesfull'. I am scanning with Virgiin cable/coaxial plugged into top right hand connection (screw in type) Ethernet plugged into port where sticker was covering it, scart lead connected to tv.

Funny enough the box that is working is still going from where I am trying all this?

As I have said I have factory default settings ok, then s/w update, but installation page still comes up?

19. cactikid

cactikid Active member

menu-system info-?? date of firmware.

you have no channels stored,you need to scan,check post 15 links for guidance

20. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

11/112012...........as before 'getting already exist' so what now download firmware again, what shall I do before factory default anything? Will check links in post 15