1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Lisboa67, May 27, 2013.

1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Have downloaded latest firmware, plugged box in 'installation page' came up, checked system info and 26/5/2013 it is showing. Plugged Ethernet cable, scart lead in shall I plug coaxial cable in as well? Just tried without coaxial cable and already exist comes up, no details of list of network id, just already exist and tp loads up 1 to 8 signal strength 56

2. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Right latest I have just tried my pals box, and plugged it in, downloaded firmware, and all ok, just plugged Ethernet and scart in, scanned it already exist came up but 74 channels unlike mine of 8! and it is working all ok.
    Have also Transferred Data to the box I am having probs with all evening and this box is now working ok, but confused as you are that I kept getting installation page before I transferred data, will this box now update on its own?
    I am now going to try the box that has been working all the time....downloading new firmware.
    Is there settings I can check on my box and compare with my pals box I have just updated ok? If so what am I looking for?

My box that was working all ok, I just updated firmware and this is all working all ok. Just peeeeed off about my other box I have had probs with, but transferred data and that is now working ok, but would like to know why I have had probs with this?

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

some boxes did the lan update many did not,yours was stuck on the old 11112012 and did not update,hence the reason to manualy reflash like when box was first done.
    you get the instalation screen when there are no channels stored
    it sounds as if you chose the wrong provider to scan under or got the wrong net id and you have to scan from main feed.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

ok folks on your boxes that could not s/w online update please try again ,some say their box has now updated so maybe buggy file was replaced.

5. mks2001

mks2001 Member

Hi, my box couldn't update online, I have tried again today but it just stuck on searching new update. any idea?

Thanks

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

then no choice it has to be reflashed like when you got the box first to the may 2013 file

7. mks2001

mks2001 Member

mine was done from the factory where I bought it, would you guide me so I can do it myself?

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

post 15 has 2 videos to look at
    post 5 has the loader.
    and check your pm

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013