1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KaKaRoTo announces jailbreak for 3.73

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by coorva, Nov 22, 2011.

1. coorva

coorva Regular member

all i can say is ,its about time,,

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

tbh I am getting tired of all these rumours, the ps3hax article on this has 700 comments on it! and most of them are nonsense or the same old questions when the answer is in the article. It's like they only see "3.73 jailbreak" and then decide to post "will it work on 3.73"

Kindda wish I was an xbox fan now, so I wouldnt have to read all this nonsense. That said my next console probably will be an xbox not the ps4 thanks to sony's actions.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Hey bigo93, I don't spend a lot of time on the PS3 side of things, but since you do, maybe you can answer a question for me. Will the 3.73 jailbreak work on 3.73?

P.S. There are idiots on the other side too. i.e. "Can I play backups without modding my FW?"

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Yea, but most of them actually come to the PSP.

5. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

If it's Kakaroto's you're talking about then he claims yes it can jailbreak it 3.73, you do not have to be on 3.55
    However by jailbreak he means run basic homebrew apps like showtime and a few other homebrew games.

It will not allow backup managers to run so you cannot play backed up/pirated games on it.

Then again this hasnt been released yet, so we dont know how well it will work, and if and when it is released if someone else may get backup managers working.

But as said so far only a few homebrew app will work, it's not a complete jailbreak as most would want. Dont know what will or what wont work for sure. But dont get your hopes up too soon, he's still off for another week, and when he gets back he still needs to finish it, so maybe a xmas release for this; and if we are lucky someone may get managers working for the new year, but i wouldnt count on it though.

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

I'll take your word on that one. I don't deal with portables whatsoever.

7. whompus

whompus Active member

8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member