1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazaa can not only could you download MP3s

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by benzamin, May 28, 2002.

1. benzamin

benzamin Guest

After trying napster, gnutella, morph and what not, recently I downloaded Kazaa after morpheus died a small small death. To my surprise it ran on the same system as morpheus and almost the same interface, but its performance is much better. Kazaa can not only could you download MP3s but also download videos, software and images. Download can be paused and restarted at the point in the future. After downloading more than 150 files I can confidently say it’s a very reliable application with excellent performance and features

2. garbo990

garbo990 Guest

im a kazaa user and can say without doubt that kazaa is the best p2p ever. preformance is incredible. Millions of online users almost gurantee that you will find what you are looking for and download it in reasonable time.

3. kellyshan

kellyshan Guest

Kazaa Rocks! Number of users over 1 million at all times. It gives peer 2 peer and file sharing a better name. Probably the best file-sharing application ever. Highly recommended!!! Don't let those morpheus folks talk you otherwise. If morpheus wants to get back in the game, they need to get a workable software, period.

4. ghost01s

ghost01s Guest

Beware of Benjamin worm - virus being passed on KaZaA - check out the McAfee or Symantec anti-virus sites for details!

5. ellone2

ellone2 Guest

hey friends on the net..get it now do not waste time..kazaa is very precious..download any thing ..go for music and mp3's..speed is very fast..

6. tracy12

tracy12 Guest

kazaa is good for downloading games and movies too. yesterday i downloaded GTA3 full version. cool game :)

7. smith

smith Guest

I really enjoy using KaZaa, I have downloaded countless songs and discovered a myriad of new artists that I now really enjoy. Its a great replacement for Napster.I would recommend it to anybody looking to download media with out having to search the entire web. KaZaa is a wonderful program.

8. garysimon

garysimon Guest

yeah man benjamin stinks!! beware always check the file extension and file size before downloading, avoid downloading .exe's

9. Torch

Torch Guest

one thing to watch for is .exe files
    my m8 dloaded a file called gta3.exe which turned out to be motocross madness2, also i dloaded sof2.exe which i thought would be soldier of fortune 2 double helix, but no it turned out to be Delta Force 3 :(
    just something to be aware of :)

10. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Has anyone tried mirc? its on the irc channel and the users have the newest movies,games,and applications.....where do you guys think you get your tmd,nfm,and smr movies from they are irc rooms that share movies....I do use both mirc and kazaa , that way I can bring some new stuff to people who dont know how to use mirc. If you want to give it a try you are more then welcome too , I have gotten some movies about a month before them coming out.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2002
  11. garbo990

garbo990 Guest

I have only used KaZaa. MIRC i've never tried. KaZaa is great for downloads too. movies, softwares, audio.. It's cool.

12. garysimon

garysimon Guest

Audiogalaxy users should really consider switching to KaZaA cause its the best.

13. SuperKlye

SuperKlye Guest

Yeah, but you all are forgetting one important thing about KaZaa...the spyware. You can disable some of it by going into your Windows directory and either in there or in the System32 folder there will be another folder called "BDE" and that is one of the major spyware programs, just run the uninstall program and that takes care of some of it, but not all. However, if you dont care about spyware and all those annoying popups, then by all means go for it, however, if you'd like to put a stop to the popups check out Free Surfer MkII (http://free.surfer.tc/mail). Its a small file and it runs in the background. I love it! I have virtually no pop ups that arent supposed to be there! Its fantastic!

14. cotton

cotton Member

I heard that there is something called Kazaa Lite (http://www.kazaalite.com/) that you can download and it doesn't have spyware. Works just like Kazaa without the spyware. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2002
  15. TAP1

TAP1 Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2002
  16. normski

normski Member

After weeks of crashes etc associated to Kazaa running in the background i've switched to Kazaa Lite, it's a revelation. My system is more stable and there's no spyware or ads, yet it's basically the same program.

17. kazaarulz

kazaarulz Member

Kazaa lite rules!!

PS. thanx a lot Cotton! If u hadn't mentioned it I'd still be stuck with crappy original Kazaa! U rock!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  18. grunt11b

grunt11b Member

if you think kazaa is good,try grokster, it seems to me to be faster and basically has the same interface as kazaa.

19. uzair

uzair Guest

hi..
    well i wann to download gta3 so plz tell me witch kazza varsion i hav to download tell me the nam or url ..plz......
    my email is uzairgr8@hotmail.com
    plz tell me there

20. kraaken

kraaken Member

kazaa is OK, bur Winmx is much better. The auto group download is great, and there are no pop ups, no spyware, and you can d/load any type of file

A good test on mp3's is to type "albums" and see how many hits you get.

Kazaa gives me a couple of hundred, Winmx gives me over 10,000.