1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazaa gets a bad rap?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ThePastor, May 4, 2004.

1. ThePastor

ThePastor Member

Ok, I got bored and dropped back in to Afterdawn! I've recently been using Kazaa lite to do some very low priority downloading (videos ;) ) and have found it to be acceptable, but not great. One thing I can say, though, is that it works tirelessly. I load up the que and eventually most of it shows up in my folder.

So, I found this forum and discover a new progam... the emule program? I installed it, curiously and found it to be pretty good. I did a test search and it seemed to be populated well! All in all, I was impressed!
    Then I discover the credit system. Now, I know many of you are going to go on and on about how these systems won't work if no one uploads, but, unfortunantly my circumstances do not allow for that to occur.
    When I use Kazaa Lite I set it up and minimize it and forget it. It takes very little of my time. That is how I justify using it while at work. But, since I am at work I cannot allow uploads. Is this a flaw?
    The Kazaa network seems just fine with all those Kazaa lite users out there!
    So, I guess I'm asking, am I stuck with Kazaa? Will Kazaa end up fading away? Am I just a leach that is the bane of all P2P systems?
    Or, is there something better out there that I can use that isn't going to penalize me completely because I am unable to upload files?

The Pastor

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sorry man, P2P is about sharing! you cant just download off people and run off lol There's a system that must be followed to keep a community going :)

Try IRC if you like, no uploading at all!