1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kazaa lite wont connect

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by alien9210, Dec 11, 2004.

1. alien9210

alien9210 Member

I recently got a new motherboard so everything was formatted in my hard disk but when i reinstalled kazaa lite++ it wont connect.
    Before everything was fine and kazaa was working even when there was a firewall on, so help pls?

2. poezzz

poezzz Guest

maybe you installed a bad or fake kazaa version...i had the same problem,and it seemed i had installed a fake or bad version of kazaa lite,and now i cant install none of kazaa versions anymore.

3. HDS

HDS Member

well i had the same problem. the question is did you dwl and save the setup file before u formated? becasue herse what i think might of happened. you had an old version. the old version got changed server. so the new versions connect to a new server. so the old versions dont work. its just a hypothesis. but i would use limewire. just becasue its more stable and can go a lil faster. but try getting kazaa gold if you still want that. its the new version.

4. yiing

yiing Member

SOLUTION::::::::: IT Worked For Me, Hope It Works For Others! I'm Using Kazaa Lite Resurrection,

Ok, Inside Kazaa: Programs - Go into KaZupernodes, On the right side of the window, a little down, you'll find an icon (red cross) Press it

If It don't work right away: The list of hubs, dubble click on a hub and connect,

Good luck! Hope It Works.

If It Works, It will be great if you respond, So others know aswell.

5. xcalliber

xcalliber Member

omg yiing u are a genius.... i also had to reinstall my kazaa for some freak reason and i couldnt get back to the net.... and for some reason my kazupernodes program is in german but i still saw the red cross and it worked for me....

thank yooouuu so much...

6. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Just wondering why people still use kazaa have u guys here tried any other options other than kazaa ? there are much better p2p apps out there that dont have the problems like kazaa does, just look around you are sure too find sumthin i did , Bear share and Winmx are two really great apps and havent caused any trouble yet or have no trouble with connections either.

7. xcalliber

xcalliber Member

i have actually tried almost all of them like morpheus, edonkey, emule, kazaa, napster, winmx... and many more, but i just like it that kazaa lite doesnt have any adware or spyware..
    im sure there are many good p2p out there but sometimes they have spyware that can really slow down ur comp or take away ur privacy..

8. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Bear Share lite and winmx are 100% adware and spyware free

9. arkhe1

arkhe1 Guest

yiing you are my hero!!!!!!!

10. yiing

yiing Member

I'm Glad To Hear It Works! Wonderful!

11. ChadR0ck

ChadR0ck Member

I have been using Kazaa Lite 2.0.2 for a couple of years now. I never had a problem before connecting.
    I recently had to reinstall all of my software back on my computer. After I reinstalled Kazaa lite I am un able to connect it just says Connecting. I even thought it might be the service pact 2 Fire Wall that is not allowing me to connect. I disabled Windows Fire wall and I still cannot connect.
    Can able body help me out?
    thank you for your time
    Chad

12. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Download Xp-Antispy and patch Sp2 to allow more tcp connections

13. johnosteo

johnosteo Member

Hi there, i had same problem when i formatted my pc updated SP2 and installled Kazaa.This is what i did to rectify it
    1. open up Kazaa program
    2. select options
    3. select kazaa lite options
    4. under K++ option deselect desable port 1214 then restart kazaa and it should work normally if not then
    5. (only try if previous fails) select force being a supernode, then restart kazaa.
    Let me know how you get on John (jaguarxjsport@hotmail.com)

14. mooky104

mooky104 Member

It worked perfectly for me! thanks!
    had the trouble to connect Kazaa Lite ++ after updating xp sp2

15. Raptor3x6

Raptor3x6 Member

I have Kazaa K++ 2.40en and it wont connect now that I had to reformat my hardrive, if you become a supernode it just lets you connect to yourself...anybody else with suggestions?

16. johnosteo

johnosteo Member

Sorry i made a few mistakes please try these details.
    John

1. Open up Kazaa program.
    2. Select options.
    3. Select kazaa lite options.
    4. Under K++ options make sure all boxes are checked.
    5. Under K++ advanced options only have “don’t save local IP’s in DAT files” checked.
    6. Max sources box select 999.
    7. Scan for new files every 300.
    8. Under my Kazaa Lite select your own country.
    9. Under advanced have both boxes checked and select 200 and unlimited.
    10. Filter, I have only selected filter bogus music and video files.
    11. Firewall, uncheck all boxes and select use port 5890.
    12. Clock apply then ok.
    13. Close Kazaa then reload Kazaa, wait for 15 mins and hopefully it should work with new settings.
    Let me know how you get on John (jaguarxjsport@hotmail.com)

17. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol, the only thing you need is a registry change after installing service pack 2 - apply it and all is well.

here ill give you the information - just save it into a notepad with the filename SP2 fix.reg, or something like that (after selecting all files instead of txt file)

18. BearBoxer

BearBoxer Member

As one person stated.......go to the supernode section under tools and click on KaZupernodes. As he stated...look right and down and see a red cross sign. If you leave your cursor there,,it shows a message saying "click here if you can't connect". WELL IT WORKED!!!!! I now connect and I'm puzzled to figure out how he knew about it! WOO-HOO !!

19. LamaBonga

LamaBonga Member

Hello,
    If Kazaa doesn't connect, here is sth simplier then changing manually the directory : click on this supernode link
    http://snode.port5.com/snode2.html
    Should work fine...

LamaBonga