1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KazaA Preview AVI files - HELP

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Opoeta, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Opoeta

Opoeta Member

Hy, I use Windows Me, and I can't preview AVI files on KazaA. I had W. Media Player 9, Dvix 5.02 and Mpeg 4 and many more, but it didn't work. Now I've restore my computer to uninstall W. media player 9 (beta), so I have 7x version of it but it still not working. What can I do? I think that I tryed all.
    Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You wouldnt need Media player to preview files. When you right click on the download and click preview, it opens kazaa theatre. However, this doesnt preview half of them either so I think its time for kazaa to fix this little problem!

3. oldmurph

oldmurph Guest

you might try to copy - paste the active file and veiw the copied with 'the playa'. works for some avi. little trick that works sometimes, now that folks have started misnaming files on fileshare

4. dphdaz

dphdaz Guest

Hi ok this always works for me

You will need Real Player, all you need to do is go to your Kazaa's My Shared folder

and select the .dat file that is Down Loading (This will be the one that keeps getting bigger in file size)

then copy paste it to your Desk Top
    rename the file to .avi
    open Real Player
    and then Drag the File into the Play area

Now leave a little time for the FIle to get at least 1mb of information, (If it's a Big file leave it till it has about 10mb)

it'll play up until the Data starts to change, as kazaa likes to jump forward alot.

Hope this helps

Daz

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can also open a file that wont open in windows media in virtualdub. It will re-index the file and will play as much is downloaded no problem!

6. galiel

galiel Member

7. synnyzter

synnyzter Member

First off if you know how to rename a file in dos then none of the above steps have to be taken. A truly easy way is just open any dat file with Windows Media Player. Right click the .dat file and choose "open with" and select Media Player. If you do this the file will not convert to avi upon completion, but all you have to do is rename the file from .dat to .avi in dos once it's done downloading. Doing this DOES NOT corrupt the movie file at all and saves time from not having to copy large files. I do this for every movie I download so it works. Now isn't that much easier?

8. synnyzter

synnyzter Member

This one is for Opoeta, make sure you have the correct codec's the movie file requires. Today there are literally hundreds of video and audio codec's. I suggest looking up "Nimo's" codec package. It contains 99% of the mainstream codec's used today except "XViD" which you can look up on www.google.com quite easily, I would grab those 2 downloads and enjoy any movie file on the net. Enjoy!

Ok I decided to get the links for you before I go... http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/ thats for nimo

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=XviD_Install.exe thats for XViD

9. Opoeta

Opoeta Member

Thanks to all.