1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kazaa won't connect

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sneakyb, May 23, 2003.

1. sneakyb

sneakyb Member

I have two computers on a cable router, well one computer running me the kazza works on and well mine it dont, I know nothing about opening ports or socks. Does anyone know what it might me, I can plug the main ethernet cable into my pc and i still cant connect to kazza. Please either email the info to me or list an answer here.

Thanks so much,
    April

2. theos

theos Member

Do you have a firewall? like zone alarm? Does the computer that will not connect to Kazaa have any other problems connecting to the internet?
    What kind of router do you have?
    Theos.

3. sneakyb

sneakyb Member

It is a Linkskys network everywhere. WHat gets me is that my rommates pc will connect and she can use kazaa but i cant, i have tried unhooking and just hooking the main eithernet cable in and it still does not work. so does that mean its windows xp that is causeing the problems. thanks for the help.

4. theos

theos Member

The router is most likely not the problem, I woulod guess that Kazaa on your computer is having a problem. I would try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Also, do you have a firewall installed, the reason I ask is, you may have stopped Kazaa from connecting in the past and forgot, "just a thought".

So try to uninstall and reinstall Kazaa.
    Theos