1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazza Spyware???

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by BazNZ, Feb 20, 2005.

1. BazNZ

BazNZ Member

If I was to Download and install the latest version of Kazza. Can all the Spyware and Ads etc that comes bundled with it be removed with Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Lavasoft Adaware. I don't want all this crap with it but because of the large database and fast searchs Kazaa has, I want it. Can anyone answer this for me 100%. Thank you Afterdawners !

2. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

This should remove all the spyware or you could just get Kazaa lite.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  3. BazNZ

BazNZ Member

I already have Kazza Lite 2.6 but its getting old and Sherman's Kazaa is updating there program to new versions all the time. Is there any benefits for me to install the latest version of Kazaa Original over my older version of Kazaa Lite 2.6.

4. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

I say delete all of it.

Install Bit Torrent and use the sites here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/137795
    to help you on your way.

If you really want to keep Kazaa, think about this

Do you want to get a updated program so you can have alot of spyware on your back and alot of fake files which people have been experiencing or keep Kazaa Lite and keep getting fakes but no spyware.

Or do you want real files and no spyware and fast speeds:

Get Azureus (Bit Torrent)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  5. datatrek

datatrek Member

I believe if you remove all of the spyware after you install kazaa, kazaa will not work anymore. I tried it in the past.

6. BazNZ

BazNZ Member

Thanks guys for your help. I use Kazaa Lite to find mainly mp3 music, particurly older music I can't buy in stores anymore. I have even been buying old second hand 45"singles lately!! Its just impossible to buy this older music these days because Record companys won't release them on CD. I still have some luck finding files on Kazaa even if 80% are fake and useless. I also use Shareaza which is good and doesn't have any fake files. Although the Search time is slower than Kazaa the download speed is on par with the former. The database seems to be growing all the time too. They just need to get there search speed up to speed to be as good. I also use the Azureus bit-torrent program but unless the music is published on a web-site its useless for finding mp3's....you can't search for a song your looking for and get results. In finishing I think I'll just stick with what I got then guys. Kazaa-Lite 2.6 and Shareaza! No Spyware & No Adaware which makes these two the best p2p networks on the internet since the original Napster died. Once again thanks for your help.

7. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

kazaa sucks, i deleted it. it used gain to put up pop-ups all the frickin time and sells songs in you searches. kazaa put over a 100 adware/spyware on my computer. it runs the p2p apps remotely on your pc even after you close them and it tells you they're closed, kazaa is bullshit and can suck it and their multitudes of bad/fake songs

8. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Use e-mule and use these sites to download they are great...http://www.emule-help.com/verified.htm You can find whatever you are looking for