1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Getting Banned from XBOX Live.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by speedi, Apr 18, 2005.

1. speedi

speedi Member

Here is the problem. I have always been able to play XBOX
    Live with a modded XBOX
    Modchip = off ofcource

Version 1.1 + 120GB Seagate HD
    I recently upgraded to a Maxtor 300GB and with config magic of course restored the bin bla bla.

XBOX live went Fine - Next Day Banned

I got 7 Eeprom codes from XBOXes I modden Same thing (you do the math
    2 weeks of playing) Banned after 2 days.

in all desperatedness (<-new word) I bought 2 New XBOXes modded them
    both and played live, nothing wrong. In one of them I put a 120 GB
    and in the other I put a 300GB locked them and voila the 120 GB got banned (after 1 day) and the 300 GB got banned after 2 days.

My question is, How the hell can I get on XBOX live with a XBOX with a bigger HD. What is m*crosoft scaning for. Do I have to put the dashboard (evox) on the E drive and leave the C untouched or is it just not possible anymore with a larger HD.

ban count = 7 (have 2 eeporm codes left)

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

usually people put the hacked dash and apps on the F drive and leave the C drive with the default M$ dash. Before, all you needed to do is have your hdd locked (retail or upgraded), Chip disabled, and you should be good to go. There has been some rumors that when halo2 came out, there was some kind of protection where when upon signing in on LIVE it would read the hdd size and ban you if it was not 10 or 8 gigs.

I dont want to deal with that stuff and just use Kai/Xlink or XBConnect. If you dont know about it, look into both of those to play online. They are both great, first off they are free, you dont have to disable your chip, you can play games from your hdd, and you can even use modded maps (like in halo). The only drawback is they only work with system link games, not all xbox LIVE games.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, from what I took in on Xbox-Scene, Microsoft uses the Marriage Theory to detect if you have a mod chip. (Unless you have a ver. 1.6 Xbox, because they actually can scan your LPC port where your mod chip is installed, because the 5v power to the chip cannot be turned off completely, well unless you add in a switch yourself, but anyways).

What happens is when you create your account on your original hard drive, and then add the new hard drive and do your account recovery, Microsoft will then be able to pick up the hard drive change and will ban you. Everytime an account recovery is done, Microsoft will look at your hard drive stats and if it is changed from then original then your gone. A few of my friends created their original accounts on their upgraded hard drives and have not been banned yet, and it has been over 6 months. Me on the other hand, I have to keep swapping back and fourth between my 200GB hard drive and stock hard drive in order to play live.

4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

^^^ in short...when you log on to xbox live it remembers your hard drive and your motherboard. IF you change either one of these, then get back online with a different one...you will get banned. If however you change for a new hd and motherboard that have never been on live...you are good to go.

5. speedi

speedi Member

That's not entirely true (last Post)
    I bought a NEW XBOX and a NEW HD and still got banned. my old Xbox
    (v1.1 + 120GB HDD, which my brother has) has been online for 1+ year now.

I wanted to know if this was a problem because of the BRAND of the hd
    as microsoft uses Seagate and WD

The 300 GB is a Maxtor.
    I'm going to try once more and put my dash on F:

I have a Hard wired switch installed (always have) so I'm SURE the mod is off hehehehe.

It would really SUCK if I had to buy a new XBOX just to play live.
    I use XBC too but it only supports the SL-compatible games.

Some advice on how the Marriage theory works would be appreciated.

6. Wicked79

Wicked79 Member

I have the Spiderchip v1.1 on a v1.6 xbox and i have never tried to go live with it until recently. and i shut my chip off so i could. but it frags and gives me an 05 error, and to take and get it serviced? what can i do