1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep getting CRC

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pieflyers, Feb 2, 2007.

1. pieflyers

pieflyers Member

I have been burning Movies on dvd shrink for a while but a couple of weeks ago it would no longer work all I would get is failed to read file E:\ (which is my dvd burning drive) and then it says data error
    cyclic redundancy check! I found that my Dvd burner drive was changed to a cd driver so I removed and it reinstalled the dvd burner driver. I have trie the last two movies and both have the same problem. I tried Invinvible and The Guardian and both are giving me the same problem. I don't know if it is my driver or the software? I am able to use Dvd Decrypter and Dvd clone. But I prefer dvd shrink. The Discs are clean. It gets to the menu in the preview and then gives me the error! I don't know what to do can some one please help me. Thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try using DVDFab Decrypter to rip the movies with first. Then open the results in Shrink.
    You are more than likely running into the newer forms of encryptions that Shrink and/or Decrypter can't handle.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Since you already have DVD_DEcrypter and Shrink, there is a program that uses these and produces very clean rips. It's called RipIt4Me.