1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep getting Dirty Disk Errors with backups??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by joonbugg, Feb 15, 2005.

1. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

I finally got my Spiderchip installed correctly, and flashed it with the EvoX M8 bios, and everything is going smooth. I just burned my first ISO (NFL Street 2) with Alcohol 120%, but every so often, I will get a DDE.

My question is, if I get a bigger hard drive put in my Xbox, and save games to it, and play them without the disk, Is there really any extra benefit by doing that as far as performance is concerned? I suppose the DDE's will be gone, but does anything else change? Maybe faster loading times or somethin. I also have the Thomson drive, and was thinking of upgrading to a Samsung one via Ebay.

Next challenge, Hooking up my Xbox to my PC, and FTP'ing games. Wish me luck.

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You [bold]will[/bold] get faster load times.Especially if your Thompson is having trouble reading discs.If your drive is loading fine, I would say it's about a 20-30 % increase in load time(depending on the HDD).
    Another advantage is that you don't have to mess with discs when you go from game to game.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Not necessarily, DDE's happen with HDDs as well. There are alot of HDD fixes floating about the internet to correct DDEs w/HDDs.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005