1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep getting "H:\is not accessible" for some of the disks I burned

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by esumsea, Oct 27, 2003.

1. esumsea

esumsea Guest

Hello,
    I am having a problem with some disks I burned. Every two or three I burn I get one that produces the error message "H:\is not accessible" when I try to access it (H is my cd-rw/DVD-rw Pioneer drive). Like I said, using this same drive and the same burning program (nero, clone or Alcohol) I have made successful CDs, it is just every one out of 2 or 3 that produces this message. I ty to use the program that is inherent to the file and I have used another CD burner on my computer to try to burn these unsuccessful attemps but it too produces the same error message. Is the file I am trying to burn bad? Is that why this is happening? Any help would really be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mario

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What is your H drive?
    2. What kind of stuff are you burning?
    3. Make and model of your burner please.
    4. Could it be faulty media? ATIP?

CDRIdentifier allows you to read the ATIP on a blank cdr(w) (ATIP is essentially a code embedded into a CDR(W) that allows you to identify what company actually manufacturered the disc (as opposed to what company marketed it). For more info visit http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/cdridentifier.cfm

To determine your make and model of your optical drives; if you happen to have Nero Infotools installed, start it up and under the Drive tab, it will list all the relevant specifications and capabilities of your burner. The actual name of your burner is listed in the drop-down box at the top (those numbers before the name of your burner are important too!). You can get InfoTools from http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm