1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping an Xbox360 from dying

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Zac2000, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

I hear 33% of them die. What is the problem? Can putting in heatsinks or fans help?

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Just leave it alone,3 year warranty now so I woudnt open it.Just put an intercooler on it thats not nyko

3. theridges

theridges Guest

had mine for 6 months with pretty good use and its fine...
    but i keep mine standing up on an open table all by itself i have never layed it down to play....
    and i would say only play for like 3 hours max and then give it like a 20 minutes break.
    in all actuality though its going to break eventually lol.
    but now they have the 3 year warranties so unless you break your warranty you should be cool.

4. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

if your modded and the warrenty is now void, i'd suggest doing the x-clamp replacement, applying AS5 and installing a talismoon whisper fan, cost for all is about $22US as it's only a matter of time before it overheats

5. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

thanks.

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i have had mine no problems (0!!!) NONE! atleast yet! all i do is give it a open radius area of like a feet for it to get air and not clog it up! no extra attachments anything!

its like 10 months now!

and don't duct tape the vents, IM SERIOUS, here is a reference why i am saying that: http://www.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=96637

7. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

OK my 360 is modded... I cut the fan grill out of the metal case and also did the fan shroud mod... waiting on my Talisman Fans.... did not cut the outside cause thou... seems to be blowing really hot air out now... so its working... So... I have never gotten the 3ROD so I was thinking of doing the X-Clamp Replacement (Lawdawgs or RBJtechs method)..... so if I go w/ Lawdawgs method do I still need to overheat it since I never have gotten the 3ROD... I am a little afraid of messing it up... so I am looking for some advice... should I do the X-Clamp Mod or should I just wait till I eventually get the 3ROD???

8. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

no need to overheat it unless you get the 3rlod after doing the x clamp replacement.

I did the xclamp replacement on all 5 of my consoles, only 2 of which got the 3rold for preventative measures.

9. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

thanks mshack1... I think I am gonna go ahead and do the X-Clamp

replacement just to be on the safe side... Thanks for all your

help... One last question... ANYONE know where you can

get Arctic Silver 5 in the U.S.? Any local stores carry it??

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007