1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kensington Laser Wireless Desktop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by snarple, Sep 2, 2007.

1. snarple

snarple Member

Hi, I did the stupidest thing ever when I took a chance on Kensington's Laser Wireless Desktop. I have a windows 2000 professional dell dimension 8100.

I installed the software that came with it, then I hook up the mouse & keyboard. The mouse worked fine, but the keyboard didn't do anything totally dead. I called Kensington's tech support, after about an hour they couldn't get the keyboard to work I uninstalled the software & drives, tried to hook up the original keyboard & mouse, but now the original keyboard that came with the system wont work, mouse works fine.

I have gone into the device manager and had it locate and install new drives but after that the keyboard still wont work. I cant figure out why my original keyboard wont work. Also I dont have the windows 2000 pro disc, which dell support wanted me to have.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, im going nuts not having a keyboard, and if wondering this post was type on another computer.

Frank

2. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Ha! I bouth the same thing one year ago and still i haven't got the keyboard to work only the mouse, which has also just recently broke. We made a mistake buying this cheap hardware!

3. snarple

snarple Member

Yea but man i returned the keyboard and have no interest in it, the big problem im having now is that none of my keyboards work. Its like the software screwed up my computer. Do you or anyone know how I can fix this. I have a dell keyboard ps/2 and it doesn't get reconsied after the kensington. The machine is a dell 8100

That $80 kensington piece of crap keyboard has made my pc a useless machine :(

If it wasn't for my fiance's mac i wouldn't be able to send this post.

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

That's unfortunate and i got mine for 20 bucks. Try uninstalling the keyboard through device manager and rebotting your computer, this worked when my computer never recognized my dvd drive.