1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kessen 3 Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hikariko, May 4, 2005.

1. hikariko

hikariko Member

I read the article http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/156785 there and tried to use that method, but after booting I just get a black screen. Is it only possible to burn it with dual-layer or can I do it with single layer DVD+/-Rs? I'm kinda new to this but I've already copied a few games of mine and they work fine.

I use SwapMagic as well, if that's important. But as I said, several other games I've tried work. I appreciate any help that I could recieve, thanks.

2. slickwill

slickwill Member

How do you take the dvd9 chekc off the game. I tried using Console Media Patcher by Sonix to take the check off. This tool does not work properly. I patched the slus_211.19 file with the dvd9->5 option and the log saids "original code, patch to cdr". I was like okay maybe it worked, so I replaced that file with the image (the first image I burned without the dvd9 check of) and burned it with dvd decrypter. When I try to boot the game up it passed the ps2 logo then goes back to the browser screen. So what is wrong? Does it matter if a downsample the movies as a mpg file then rename the extension to with a .m2v extension?

Thanks For any Help