1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khypermedia / Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by gerry1, Sep 27, 2003.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Just bought a spindle of Khypermedia 2.4X DVD+R 4.7 and they freeze, stop altogether etc. regardless of recording speed. My computer is an HP Pavillion a250n and, until now, has done done a great job on even the cheapest brands of DVD+Rs. I've already had to throw eight in the trash without one successful burn. Anything I can do or have I just thrown a whole lot of money in the trash. (I wrote to Khypermedia but they don'e seem keen on responding). Thanks...Gerry

2. elfstone

elfstone Guest

Hate to say it, but Khypermedia is garbage. Don't buy them again. I don't even know how that company stays in business.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks, Elfstone, I was afraid you'd say that. I've just wasted a good chunck of change! ; guess I'll stick with the brands I'm familiar with from now on. Thanks...Gerry

4. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Hmm, I just bought some Khypermedia DVD+r's and the manufacturer code is CMC-MAG-R01, which is the same as some Verbatim DVD+r's I have. Haven't had any problems with the Khypermedia discs and they were dirt cheap.

5. freaky1

freaky1 Member

I found the Khypermedia DVD-R at Office Depot myself for cheap and was afraid to try but glad I did. They have been burning perfect, playing perfect with no coasters.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi guys, the brand name on the disc doesn't always tell you who makes the media. The CMC-MAG company makes a lot of the junk media. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. Here is a good site to check media and the manufacturer. www.dvdrhelp.com. They also list players, burners, and media compatibility there. Thought this might help you in the future to pick the right stuff.
    Jerry

7. trrkod

trrkod Member

All Khypermedia is not the same. It is rebranded from numerous mfgs. I have 20 Kypermedia have burnt 3 with not one problem. Nero info says mine are TDK disks. DVD-R code:TDKG02000000. Also these were "purchased" @ Staples, sometimes a good place to try different types of media, as these were free after rebates. TK

8. lprophet

lprophet Guest

I bought 500 Khypermedia discs , in 25 packs , and in 10 packs , from OfficeMax , when they were on sale. I've taken about half of them back , so far , (I have about 30 left), & OfficeMax has always exchanged them. They ARE getting tired of seeing me, though.
    I WILL NOT buy any more ,no matter how cheap they are.
    Same for Liquid Video , from Circuit City .

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Before I became a NEWBIE on here, I purchased my 1st burner packaged with DVD X Copy Express and a 25 pack of Khypermedia. Ended up with 15 coasters. Thought I was doing it wrong so I started reading forums. I joined the X copy forum 1st thinking it was a software problem. Then linked to this forum from there. I read that good media was very important. Ordered a 25 pack of Ritek suggested by senior members. I didn't change any of my settings or ways of doing the burn and haven't had a coaster since.
    I now use other software I learned about from here, but Ritek is still my 1st choice in media.
    Jerry

10. UT_CK

UT_CK Member

I'm confused by these results.

I bought well over 450 Hypermedia but I don't see any "K" in front of it. I have had about 12 coasters in all my burns (most of them were detected as bad by Nero.. right from the start). But that makes 438 of them good and I've tested them on 7 different DVD players (family members).. I've done extensive playback tests .. and I don't get any skips or pauses.

I'm very satisfied with them .. and I pay $1 CDN for each.

Is K-Hypermedia.. the same company as Hypermedia ?

Regards,
    CK

11. steve38

steve38 Guest

I bought some Kypermedia DVD+R's and they are a piece of crap. Some work, and some don't. It is best to stick with better media. You may have to pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for!!

Steve

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

UT_CK, Thats a good question. I have always seen the bad discs we are talking about spelled KHYPERMEDIA. I'm not sure if your HYPERMEDIA is the same without the (K).
    I just checked the chart I usually go to for media and they are made by different companies. So HYPERMEDIA may be OK.
    Jerry