1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kicked out of IRC for havin a virus...please help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by {TKO}, Feb 15, 2004.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i was trying to get into the IRC from xdccspy and when i got in, all of a sudden it disconnected. i read the details and it said:

-SecureServ- SecureServ has detected that your client is a Trojan or War Script called Exploitix99999
    -
    -SecureServ- It appears you are infected with a virus
    -
    -SecureServ- For More Information Please Visit http://secure.irc-chat.net/info.php?viri=Exploitix99999
    -
    -SecureServ- You have been Akilled from this network. Please get a virus scanner and check your PC
    -

i have norton system works and it has been updated. i remember getting a download that the anti-virus detected but i though it took care of it. if i am now getting this message i guess it wasn't. please help. does it mean the obvious or is it like i readin the "more informaiton" link and it could be something other than a virus or trojan?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

are you sure it wasn't the nick? does it do it on other networks?

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

nope...hasn't done it anywhere else.....nicks are TKO and munkeeboi....what do you think?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

those names might already be registered or something, or someone on the network has a problem with you using them. Try to go in with a different name and see if it work, allthough they probably banned by IP so you might not get back in for a while.

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

that's fine, if I am banned I don't really care i just want to make sure that I don't have a virus or trojan.....thanx for the help

6. devil60

devil60 Guest

and Thir is a reel virus by that name and OH= yes you best check your PC for Trojan or War Script as it is a bad virus. I had to format my hard drive over it so time back I all so have drive copy and 3 virus scanners thes is some 5000 or so virus that you can get and pass on in your Emaills as will as woms

_

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004