1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kicked out when trying to open a thread

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by fasfrank, May 27, 2004.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

OK, I go to the newbie forum, etc, see a post I want to reply to and click on it. Boom. I get kicked off the internet. I never know which post will do this and it only happens once in a while.
    I can open the threads above or below the one that's kicking me, no problem.
    In this case the thread is in the newbie forum called "Burning downloaded movies!!!". I tried to open it several times but get booted off each time.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I can't imagine why you wanted to look at that one :p

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The thread seems innocent enough and even if it isnt, at least whoever it was had the decency/tact to lie (well) about it :p

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well thanks for telling me what was on that thread, I still cannot open it. I now use that thread when I want to leave AD. Clicking on it does everything but shut off my computer... I click on it and the next thing I see is my desktop.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Frank, How you doing these days. I checked that thread too. Seems the original post writer got jumped right away because of the title. He then stated he paid for the downloads. So I gave him a link to a guide on here and advised him about certain wording of posts and possible trouble they could cause the forum. Hope he understood.

Jerry

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Jerry,

Things are fine out here... We had a tornado a few miles from here, a very rare occurance in western Washington. Tore up a barn pretty good and knocked a few trees over is all.

As far as that post goes, to be honest I'm not to concerned about whats in it, I just want to be able to read the darn thing. I'm at a loss as far as figuring out why a particular thread would cause my internet connection to crash. Oh well. I've always had odd things happen. Like when I click on any link that's been posted. I get this annoying "Fastclick" nonsense, so I have to close that, refresh the post with the link in it, and then click on the link again. Then it works ok.

I finally got my Skype working so Pete and I talk all the time. Dave (Nephilim) comes on too. Haven't seen or heard from Malcolm (drchips) in a long time.

Cheers,
    Frank

7. Nephilim

I'll be on Skype more often now. The new girlfriend thats been keeping me so busy in the evenings turned out to be a little too twisted for my tastes so I bowed out. Frank and Pete don't have nice boobs but they're good people to chat with :)

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

How do you know what Pete's boobs look like?

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use and abuse while you still can mate ;-)

10. Nephilim

He didn't send you the pics? Very nice nipple piercings :)

As long as I'm still breathing :p

11. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Really?

Well this is about to make me insaner. Now I get kicked out when I click on "Protective Spray Coatings" in the Newbie forum.

What the *^$^ is causing this???

All I do is see a thread that I want to look at so I click on it. Bang, instead of looking at the posts I'm now looking at my computer desktop. Now I have to get back on the internet, find and open AD, navigate here and bitch, cry and whine.

Oh won't someone pease hep me? or am I hepess...

12. Nephilim

What browser are you using? I've had nothing but smooth sailing with Mozilla Firefox since I switched from IE.

13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

IE, dang

To be honest, I don't have a clue as to how all this works. If you think switching browsers will help I'll give it a shot. BTW this is my first anniversary as a computer user so my signature stats still apply. You would think I would know about how to change browsers.....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  14. Nephilim

:p

You can install Firfox alongside IE no problem. Firefox will allow you to import all your IE favorites too. I'd be hating life if I had to go back to IE.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I love the tabbed browsing that lets you have several web pages open at the same time in "tabs" at the top of the browser window instead of having multiple windows open. Plus it has an integrated search engine toolbar up top that comes set for google but you can add several search engines and flip between them easily. Tons of add-ons and extensions for it too :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I also use Firefox and I've never been happier with a browser. Fastfrank can you copy the links and post them here?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  16. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ive seen this happen more recently than before (if it ever did i dunno) but a couple pseduo-solutions:
    1. Firewall the fastclick site
    2. If you look at the link it will say <something>fastclick<something>=<the link you want to goto> -- just select that and copy-paste and goto the link directly ... i know its not much of a solution but im not a web.dev guy so i dunno

17. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Thanks for the referral and link to Firefox. My IE Explorer has been slow recently - what a change with Firefox
    Again thanks for the referral. It is a great program