1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Bill Vol 1

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nabster, Apr 28, 2004.

1. nabster

nabster Member

Ok, let me apologize if this has been asked in here before. The subtitles in Kill Bill when they start to talk Japanese, how should I go about getting them to appear automatically. I backed the movie up without subtitles thinking they would be part of the movie so wouldn’t need the added sub’s. I use the DVD Decrypter/ DVD2one/Nero method. Any help would be might appreciated, done over 250 movies and not had this problem before.

2. movie_777

movie_777 Member

When I backed up mine I did not have the same problem. I always keep the English subtitles. The amount of space taken up by the subtitles is so small that I always keep the English ones. You might have to keep the English subtitles so you can get the Japanese translation automatically.

Hope this helps.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

ok, here's the deal..
    If you re-author "KILL BILL Vol.1" you have 2 english subtitles to choose from, leave both of them checked and un check the rest if need be, Now.. one of the english subtitles is only for when they speak chinese only and you can read what they are saying (it won't show up threw out the whole movie just when they speak chinese)

the other english subtitle is for your normal lettering on the bottom of the screen when they speak

So when you start KILL BILL start the movie with english subtitle 1 so when they speak chinese the words will pop up on the bottom

hope i explained it well enough had to speed type =)

4. nabster

nabster Member

cheers for all the feed back, I managed to crack it this morning though. Decrypted the movie as normal, went into DVD2one and there were 3 English subtitle options, it was the 3rd one that I needed, checked it and left the others un checked. Trail and error thing, sorted now anyway cheers.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

3 subtitles eehhhh.... I only count 2 english subtitles.

I wonder what the 3rd english subtitle is for?
    can any one answer?

6. nabster

nabster Member

Yeah I can answer, :S, thought I had...the 3rd one is the subtitles for when they speak japanese toward the end of the movie.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im guessing you have a different region or somthing cause I have only 2 english subtitles for region 1

one of them is for only when they speak japanese or chinese (wahtever)

and the other is for english subtitles threw out the whole movie...

WEIRD!

8. nabster

nabster Member

region 2 here. I decrypted the entire movie in file mode, shouldn't think that would have made any diff though.

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Who know's, everything is differnt in different places . I never bought a differnt region dvd so there might be 3 subtitles per language =)

10. Eclectic

Eclectic Guest

yep yep.. this is a bit late but kill bill was my first back up.. and it had 3 english subtitiles (R2 here). and it did my head in that the subs were'nt there for the japs as nabster said i also thought it would have been part of the movie. But on a closer inspection while playing it i just had to put it on subs 3..
    that was just a movie backup with english subs. which i always keep coz my mom knows some deaf ppl so incase they ever wanna borrow any its there ^_^

11. nabster

nabster Member

Hey Eclectic, yeah its the same deal with The Last Samurai too, 3rd one down again. Seems to be a lot of these movie's out laterly. I always check the VIDEO_TS's before burning, just a trail and error thing.

12. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I did kill bill 1 complete and the standard subtitles worked normally on my pioneer but not on my Koss.
    Some movies I burn start with the wrong subtitle setting on the koss.
    This may be a problem with other players. I just manually change the subtitles and it works OK.

13. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Kill Bill 2 is a even better movie.

14. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

hey there guy's, the last samurai had 2 sub's for me on region1 but aint no thang, but at least everybody got their movies and sub's to work. but I think the last samurai was a way better flick than kill bill

kill bill is good action flick while last samurai is a good drama flick... well their both excellent movies!

15. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Last Samaraui was better then expected, but any movie with Tom Cruise as an actiion star/ninja has to be suspect.

16. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im not a Tom Cruise fan but he did a good job on this one, he didn't go over the top with the kung fu stuff