1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killer Instinct audio problem using MAME

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Sabius, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Sabius

Sabius Guest

I'm using MAME to run Killer Instinct 1(v1.5) & 2(v1.4). They work well, however I'm getting some jerky audio coming through. All other games I used with the emulator work a treat [sound-wise], but for some reason KI has rough audio. The problem seems more pronounced with KI2 than it's predecessor.

Is this a common issue with running 'kinst' files on MAME or is there something I should or shouldn't be doing to correct this? I checked YouTube & there's a upload of a KI1 emulation & it doesn't seem to suffer form the problem I'm having... so apparently something's gone awry somewhere...? : /

Thanks.

(As a sidebar, I tried to run KI using the 'Ultra64' emulator to see if it was the files or the emulator itself causing the problem, but I can't seem to get the U64emu to run the games...? 0_o)

2. Sabius

Sabius Guest

It's okay. Figured it out!
    (It was the emulator. Using MAME32 now and they work fine).

3. photonmoo

photonmoo Member

Yo man, Just wanted to ask is the 'kinst' files you have like 92mb in total?

I tried before to get KI to work but with no luck. Didn't bother after that though :S

But I see you said you used Mame Now and the Kinst files, I'll give it a try and see if I can get it to work.

4. Sabius

Sabius Guest

Yeah. It's 92-94Meg or sumtin...
    You need to have the 'CHD' (Compressed Hard Drive) file to go with it though- I got it through a torrent. Then you have to: place a/the kinst file in the ROMs folder of MAME> create another folder there (called 'kinst')> unzip your kinst file into the new kinst folder (leave the unziped file where it is)> place the CHD file into the new kinst folder too. It should work then.

Some kinst2 files don't work so good but try a few. I use kinst211 (version 1.1).

(PS: If you do get it running, AND get the 'Eyedol cheat' to work, let me know how. I've been trying in vain for weeks but nada! >_>)

5. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

hey waht types of roms does mame run?

6. Sabius

Sabius Guest

MAME: Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.
    The clue's in the name!

(Arcade games)

7. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Iight man thanks