1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KILLZONE backup?????(Online HELP)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tyrich, Nov 5, 2004.

1. tyrich

tyrich Member

Does anyone know why my Killzone backup will not play online. I did the normal routine with Disc ID/ Patcher, but when I go to play online I get " Please load a Playstation 2 disc". Is this game encoded different.

2. googoomuk

googoomuk Member

How did u get the back up of Killzone to work.I have the hd Loader and I tried to get Killzone to play and it just hangs....'
    What did u do....

3. tyrich

tyrich Member

I use swap disc and it works fine, just can't get it to work online.

4. H4ku

H4ku Member

for HD Loader you would have to Mode 3 it i heard.
    I don't have HD Loader so i wouldnt be able to help you since i can't experiment but that is what i heard

5. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Yes on my hdloader advance it is mode 3 that makes it work. I dont know if ps2 versions make a difference though, mines 1.9.

6. Bizz23

Bizz23 Member

Hey guys. Can you please help me with killzone. I copied to hd with HD Advance and it just hangs when I try to load it. (Black Screen) Please Help.

7. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

before you start the game highlight killzone, hit select, choose option 3, hit select again, hit X to start the game and that should work. At least thats how mine works.

8. Bizz23

Bizz23 Member

Thank You Sir. That worked! :)

9. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

No problem, I help when I can....haha.

10. Bizz23

Bizz23 Member

Is it possible to play killzone online from the hd?... or do I have to patch it like tyrich did above? Is a modchip necessary?

11. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am not sure about online play. I dont usually play online.

12. H4ku

H4ku Member

ok can we kinda get back to the topic...
    (Sorry if i am seeming rude)
    but has ANYBODY been able to get online with a backup of Killzone successfully and if so can you please tell us how you patched the file b/c i have 2 disk now that are basically frisbees b/c it tells me to insert a Disk everytime i try to connect online and the single player of this game, how do i say it... well it kinda blows @$$

13. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

everyone i am having the same problem with killzone. the back up plays fine, but wehen i go online , i get the red playstation screen saying please insert ps2 disk. Im lost on this one and socom 2. At least Socom 2 i get past everything then it says i am cheatting .This one i click online and it goes red.

14. teggy

teggy Regular member

If you used image pathcer and it didnt work then you might have to use Disc ID insertor.

I have not patched DNAS yet but I only know how to do it the Image patcher way, the image patcher way is really easy, Disc id insertor is a little more complicated.

Try searching the forums for a guide on Disc ID insertor. As I have read in a few threads that image patcher has failed on a few games.

Actually, I'm gonna use Disc ID insertor instead it looks more likely to suceed in patching.

http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html is the site you want to go to. It has an easy to follow guide with images and all the programs you need are available to download in the tutorial.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  15. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

yo just wondering where did u get KILLZONE from any way ?

16. teggy

teggy Regular member

McNoodle, if you are like me and live in the UK then we have two painful weeks to wait(not really painful but it adds to the tension...)

However them lucky folks in the USA have been playing that game for 2 or 3 weeks.

Either he(I'm assuming you are a guy if not apologies) is american or else he downloaded it(naughty boy)

17. teggy

teggy Regular member

Of course, sorry McNoodle forgot that you're from Ireland. Anyways we must wait for the game... I cannot bear the waiting.

18. computor

computor Member

ok. Iv got a version 7 pal ps2 with flip top + swap magic. I patched killzone using disk id insertor, not image patcher, and it plays offline just fine but online its da same problem, it comes up with please insert a ps2 disc. Iv heard dat version 6 and under ps2's don't need patches but is there a pal fix for online play? any help would be great thanx

19. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

for all those with problems with killzone, it doesnt work with v7+ ps2's with swap magic according to ps2owns HOWEVER dvdrick has a patch released on ps2owns... check it out, it should work fo u swap magickers...:)

20. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

I have a v.7 ps2 and use swap magic as well. I used the patch for kill zone and it worked. You have to put the patch in with pff-o-matic. After that you should have smooth sailing.