1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KillZone backup problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jan 12, 2005.

1. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Is anybody else having problems backing up Killzone using DVD decrypter? When I try to write Killzone using DVD decrypter it gives me an error in the first part of the burning process? This is the first error I have seen backing up PS2 games when using dvd decrypter!?!

2. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

ok. i burnt it using dvddevrypter onto a fujifilm DVD+R. loading took forever. opening videos audio was messy. gameplay was fine. pressing start to pause took a long load time. after a few minutes the game messed up. characters and backgrounds start to disappear. whats with that?

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, I burned the image with alcohol 120% onto my memorex 4x dvd -r discs and it works flawlessly!

4. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i never copied something using alcohol 120. what settting do you use? as far as seperate image files. my default is 4GB. help me out. my backup using dvddevrypter isn't that hot.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, I'll tell you the exact settings I used with Alcohol 120%...

1) Open up 120%
    2) On the left hand side click "Image Burning Wizard"
    3) Browse for the image that you made with DVD Decrypter
    4) Use the lowest Write Speed Possible
    5) Use the DAO / SAO write method (should be default)
    6) Leave everything else the way it is and click start

If this doesn't work for you, maybe the dvd +R is the problem? I have heard good and bad things about +R media, but never heard anything bad about -R. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I'll ask around and see if my friends got this game workin on their ps2's and see what they used to burn the game with...

Let me know if this works...

6. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

alright using dvddecrypter i had disappearing graphics and long load times. the only problem i have with it after doing it through alcohol is skipping audio/voices during videos. i played until the third save point. no problem with game play. *knocks on wood*

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Really, my backup runs perfectly??? Glad to see your's runs better now though...