1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killzone Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 00castle, Dec 1, 2004.

1. 00castle

00castle Member

Im trying to backup Killzone. Im using DVD Decrypter, and Ritek DVD-R. Im using Swap Magic with Flip Top on a v10 PS2. When I swap the disc it does nothing but spin and then give me a red border. Do I have to patch the image before I burn it to get it to work. Can someone help??

2. offset

offset Regular member

You might try to slow your burn speed down to 2x, and I would try a DVD+r disk to burn that game on. I burned a coaster with Maxell DVD-r, but my DVD+r copy came out perfect.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. teggy

teggy Regular member

The -R is not the problem, but bad burn yes. Red Border is a Bad Burn. It works, but for me it is kind odd when it decides to load fast or not, and I can't use the x button in gameplay on my backup. Im making another anywys.

Oh and yes you hve to patch it with DNAS to play online, but that doesn't affect single player(unless its a crappy burn). Hwever i think I read on PS2ownz that the NTSC version needs a patch to play.

4. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

you do not need a pactch to play single (mode) but u might want to get a DNAS discID and patch it to play online (thats only if you want)

Try to burn at slower speed i recommed 2X no more, 1x is to slow.. also i recommend a fresh restart before backing-up and burning anything,,,

thats what i do and i have to problems... back up the game once on the hard-drive do a quick restart. then burn the game..

"its the best of the best, and enjoy like the rest"

VatoZ

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

6. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

lol.... u read wrong lol

jkz

i didnt have to patch.

Vatoz

7. viper900

viper900 Member

How do you patch the game?

8. viper900

viper900 Member

/edit oops. sorry for the double post.

9. teggy

teggy Regular member

Read wrong I didnt read wrong, You said you don't have to patch not that you yourself did not need to patch. I said that I think I read that the NTSC version needs a patch...

http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26703&highlight=killzone

Wow look, it does :0 Check out PS2ownz.com for info on how to patch. I haven't had to apply a patch like that yet, mainly cuz there are no PAL ones.

Those patches are not DNAS, you only do DNAS if you intend to play online.

10. $$$$

$$$$ Member

just backed it up then, worked 1st time!

i burned it at 2.4 on the fly using nero to bulkpaq 4x +r's with a plextor px-504a

11. teggy

teggy Regular member

I guess mine wasn't a failed backup. It just didnt agree with me the other night, works like a charm. Great fun, each battle is great fun.

12. computor

computor Member

Im mighty pi$$ed off. Iv got a version 7 pal ps2 and i cant play killzone online, iv got the same problem as everyone else. If i had a version 6 ps2 or a NTSC ps2 then i would be sorted but iv got a friggin pal v7. Anyone know a pal patch for killzone? Any help would be great. thanx

13. teggy

teggy Regular member

Dnt know of a PAL patch, DVD ricks claims tht PAL patches are in the work but I highly doubt it as PS2ownz has more US members. It sucks, cuz I cant get MK:D online. As for killzone, there are hardly any servers for the UK at the mo. So in the time u have to wait for it to kick into gear you might get it sorted.

Sorry though for taking up your thread with this.

14. teknolaiz

teknolaiz Member

I need that killzone patch.. But can't get it off PSOWNZ.com yet.. Anyone willing to send it to me? Or link me to it somewhere else?

15. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

im in the same boat as you, cant find a fix for kill zone on the v7 pal version, some times it really sucks living on this little island.
    if anybody finds it before i post it here, give us a shout.
    of i go, this is a right mission.already been searching 4 hours.

16. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Name: Killzone USA (Echelon) SMFIX
    Description: By DVDRick, this fix is for v1-6 PS2 users... allowing them to load a 1:1 Killzone LEGAL game back-up for on-line play with the Swap Magic Discs, and adding a selector to choose between Single/Multi-Player.

Name: Killzone USA (Echelon) SMFIX *v7+ PROPER*
    Description: By DVDRick, this fix is for v7+ PS2 users... allowing them to load a 1:1 Killzone LEGAL game back-up for on-line play with the Swap Magic Discs, and adding a selector to choose between Single/Multi-Player.

Name: Killzone USA (Echelon) SMFIX *Multi-Player Only*
    Description: By DVDRick, this fix is for ALL PS2 users... allowing them to load a 1:1 Killzone LEGAL game back-up for on-line play with the Swap Magic Discs, and removes the Single Player option (less wait) so it loads directly to the Multi-Player mode!
    These are the only patches i could find but are for ntsc games but if you want one pm me your e mail adress and ill send it.

17. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

found the above ages ago.
    but just cant find any patchs for pal versions, sob.
    the search continues.

18. computor

computor Member

A v7+ pal patch was released a bit ago for killzone. Its a ppf patch and its a multiplayer only patch but it works like a charm. grab yourself a copy at ps2ownz in the killzone thread. Hope this helps

19. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

if it works buddy, youve got a free game or dvd. ill be intouch

20. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

grrr cant find it, all im finding is the usa fix's